    standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
    itself).

    Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    Ali, Oct 14, 2007

  2. Ali

    Alan Browne Guest

    Ali wrote:
    > I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
    > photo sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    > Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    > large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    > more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
    > a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
    > photo itself).
    >
    > Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    www.photo.net you can post 'em for "large" viewing, although not on a
    standalone page.

    There are others. Seek and ye shall find.

    -- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

    Alan Browne, Oct 14, 2007

  3. Ali wrote:
    > I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
    > photo sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    > Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    > large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    > more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
    > a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
    > photo itself).
    >
    > Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    Make the "original size" to be that.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Oct 14, 2007
  4. Ali

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, Ali wrote:

    > I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
    > sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    > Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    > large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    > more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
    > standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
    > itself).
    >
    > Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    Create your own web site - then you can do what you want. There is
    software which will resize your photos how you want them.

    ray, Oct 14, 2007
  5. On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, Ali wrote:

    > I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
    > photo sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    > Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    > large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    > more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
    > a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
    > photo itself).
    >
    > Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    Photobucket allows larger size. Clicking on the thumbnail brings the image
    up in the maximum size.

    --
    gautam

    Gautam Majumdar, Oct 15, 2007
  6. Ali

    John Navas Guest

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, "Ali" <> wrote in
    <>:

    >I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
    >sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    >Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    >large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    >more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
    >standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
    >itself).
    >
    >Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    MyPhotoAlbum.com

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

    John Navas, Oct 15, 2007
  7. Ali

    Pat Guest

    On Oct 14, 2:22 pm, "Ali" <> wrote:
    > I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
    > sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    > Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    > large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    > more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
    > standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
    > itself).
    >
    > Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    PS Elements has a macro that will allow you to create a web page that
    is very similar to what you described.

    If you don't have a lot of pictures, you could go with something like
    Red Dwarf and do it all by hand. It is WYSIWYG, it's pretty easy and
    it's free.

    Otherwise, you could install something like Gallery on your website.
    That'll do pretty much what you want and it's pretty easy to use. See
    if you host provides it. If not, I think you can get it off of
    sourceforge.net.

    Of the option, PSE is the most "autopilot". Red Dwarf is the most
    flexible and most time consuming. Gallery is the easiest but is still
    quite powerful and flexible.

    Pat, Oct 15, 2007
  8. Ali

    H.S. Guest

    Gautam Majumdar wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, Ali wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
    >> photo sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >>
    >> Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    >> large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    >> more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
    >> a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
    >> photo itself).
    >>
    >> Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    > Photobucket allows larger size. Clicking on the thumbnail brings the image
    > up in the maximum size.

    What about flickr.com?

    ->HS

    H.S., Oct 15, 2007
  9. Ali

    Ali Guest

    Cheers John.

    I was going by the PBase FAQ section and thought it was limited to 800
    pixels per a side.

    Ali, Oct 15, 2007
  10. Ali wrote:
    > I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
    > photo sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    > Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    > large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    > more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
    > a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
    > photo itself).
    >
    > Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

    I've been using sharpcast.com. Downloading from it and the slideshows
    it does are more like your 1280 pixels. And, it's free!

    John Ferguson, Oct 16, 2007
  11. Ali

    NickC Guest

    Pat wrote on 16 Oct 2007:

    > If you don't have a lot of pictures, you could go with something
    > like Red Dwarf and do it all by hand. It is WYSIWYG, it's pretty
    > easy and it's free.

    Red Dwarf or Web Dwarf? I can't find red dwarf by googling, although
    it's swamped by links to the BBC cult tv show (which, nicely, is
    having a rerun here). The only similar thing I could find was a web
    site creator called web dwarf.

    Thanks,

    --
    Nick

    NickC, Oct 22, 2007
  12. Ali

    Pat Guest

    On Oct 22, 5:14 am, NickC <>
    wrote:
    > Pat wrote on 16 Oct 2007:
    >
    > > If you don't have a lot of pictures, you could go with something
    > > like Red Dwarf and do it all by hand. It is WYSIWYG, it's pretty
    > > easy and it's free.

    > Red Dwarf or Web Dwarf? I can't find red dwarf by googling, although
    > it's swamped by links to the BBC cult tv show (which, nicely, is
    > having a rerun here). The only similar thing I could find was a web
    > site creator called web dwarf.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Nick

    Oops. Sorry. I had an older version called Red Dwarf and the changed/
    updated the name to WebDwarf (which is a particularly weird thing to
    type because it is all with the left hand).

    I use it all the time. You can't beat it for free.
    http://www.virtualmechanics.com/products/dwarf/

    Pat, Oct 22, 2007
  13. Ali

    Guest

    On Oct 14, 12:22 pm, "Ali" <> wrote:
    > I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
    > sharing sites like PBase.com.
    >
    > Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
    > large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
    > more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
    > standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
    > itself).
    >
    > Any suggestions, apart from creating my ownwebsite?

    Another option if you do create your own website is www.galleryserverpro.com.
    This is an ASP.NET web app that does your resizing for you according
    to your specifications and it does a lot more. It also will display
    one image by itself. Very easy to use. You can also include audio,
    video, documents, or any other type of file in your gallery.

    ~Maggie

    , Nov 7, 2007