    to utilise - I presume any other option here might involve one of the
    banks for online transactions? I'v not done this before so any tips,
    advice on what's required would be greatly appreciated.

    neutrino, Feb 21, 2006

  2. neutrino

    Guest

    Paypal works fine, NZers are quite ok with prices in US$. Check with
    your bank about transferring from Paypal to your local account
    [Kiwibank, for one, can't do it]

    , Feb 21, 2006

  3. Whalemeat is Yummy, Feb 21, 2006
  4. neutrino

    Guest

    neutrino wrote:
    > So I have to find out what else is available ~ any and all suggestions
    > appreciated ~ ha~ and the easiest to set up will get the thumbs up! :)
    > Also thinking back to Paypal - it' has to be the simplest and easiest
    > to utilise - I presume any other option here might involve one of the
    > banks for online transactions? I'v not done this before so any tips,
    > advice on what's required would be greatly appreciated.

    Hello Nutrino,

    I have personal experience with the following:

    Authorize.NET - Okay price, very established, decent customer service.
    Overall probably the best non-PayPal choice.

    Cybersource - I've worked with these guys the most. They have mediocre
    customer support, and don't have all the Admin tools as Authorize.NET.
    They especialy lack in subscription support if you can't install their
    API.

    2Checkout - The last time I'd used them, these guys require you to go
    off your site to complete a payment. Since PayPal offers this,and has a
    much slicker interface, I'd stick with PayPal.

    WorldPay - I've only been on the recieving end of WorldPay, and they're
    pretty difficult to navigate from a customer perspective.

    PayPal - You can't beat the cost of these guys. They have low
    requirements and little paperwork. I have yet to use their professional
    on-site service, but it's way more affordable than your typical
    merchant account / gateway combo. The downside is that you must support
    regular PayPal payments as well.

    I hope that helps. I'd shoot for Authorize.NET as a first choice, and
    really consider integrating PayPal if it makes sense for your model.

    Chris S.
    Implied By Design LLC.
    http://www.impliedbydesign.com
    Free Web Design Tools
    http://www.impliedbydesign.com/free-software-scripts.html

    , Feb 22, 2006
  5. > neutrino wrote:
    > > So I have to find out what else is available ~ any and all suggestions
    > > appreciated ~ ha~ and the easiest to set up will get the thumbs up! :)
    > > Also thinking back to Paypal - it' has to be the simplest and easiest
    > > to utilise - I presume any other option here might involve one of the
    > > banks for online transactions? I'v not done this before so any tips,
    > > advice on what's required would be greatly appreciated.

    DPS (Direct Payment Solutions)? www.dps.co.nz

    But I think they only do credit card transactions.

    Andrew Gerald, Feb 22, 2006
  6. neutrino

    neutrino Guest

    Some excellent links and ideas there for me to follow up on - many
    thanks , many many.
    The only thing with Paypal ---- wouldnt I strike problems where...
    we;de need to put the price down as us dollars ~ rather than the actual
    NZ $ value, then there'd be the
    problem of exchange rates fluctuating..... and yep! I better find out
    if funds can be transferred to the bank here
    National if possible! Ill give them a call/email.
    but.. yep- Paypal is most definetely the most user friendly and likely
    way less cost... just need to think about what to put on the site as
    far as the Price for each item is concerned, don't want to be having
    ot do constant updates whenever the dollar fluctuates greatly. I mean
    if something costs $12 nz - I wouldnt be able to just put it as that
    would I - cos in effect they'd be paying $12 U.S - and if I put the
    U.S equivelant ~ ?? ?? I'll sit back n ponder it.. right now
    confusion setting in ! :)

    neutrino, Feb 22, 2006
  7. In article <>,
    says...
    > The only thing with Paypal ---- wouldnt I strike problems where...
    > we;de need to put the price down as us dollars ~ rather than the actual
    > NZ $ value, then there'd be the
    > problem of exchange rates fluctuating..... and yep! I better find out
    > if funds can be transferred to the bank here

    I heard a few months ago that Paypal now pays out into NZ bank accounts, if
    that's any help.

    They only accept payment in a limited numbers of currencies - i.i.r.c. $US,
    $Can, $Au, Euro and Yen. Not Kiwi Dollars.

    h.t.h. -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Feb 22, 2006