Online Ordering & A Good Shipping Experience

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hunt, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. Hunt

    Hunt Guest

    This is basically in response to an earlier thread, regarding the packaging
    and shipping of a camera/lens set, in which the OP was critical of the
    packaging and obviously the damage done, when the online ordered equipment
    arrived. As I do not see the original thread, nor do I recall the online
    seller, I've posted this as a general response in a new thread. It seems that
    the shipper was UPS, but I could be wrong there too.

    I just ordered and received a Nikon D70 kit + 12-24 Nikkor zoom from Calumet
    Photo in Bensonville, IL. The package arrived exactly when they said (2 day,
    Fed-X). Except for a minor cosmetic scratch on the outer carton, it was in
    perfect shape.

    The packaging was almost too good. It was like getting a 25" CRT monitor out
    of its box. Both the kit and the lens were in their original packaging, which
    was securely wrapped in bubble sheet and neatly taped. These two items were
    then placed inside of a heavy cardboard box and filled with styro-beans. This
    box was sealed with filament packing tape, and it was placed inside of a
    larger-still heavy box, which was also filled with styro-beans. When I picked
    up the container, I wondered if they had sent me another 4x5 Cambo, by
    mistake, as it was so large. Other than having to cut through two boxes with
    filament tape, and then trying to corral those pesky styro-beans (it's awfully
    dry, here in the desert, and they were highly charged), it was a thing of
    beauty.

    Had it not been for the unfortunate circumstances mentioned in the OP, I
    wouldn't bore the news group with these details. However, in light of that
    earlier experience, I thought I'd share a positive experience.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Hunt

    Aerticeus Guest

    Hi Hunt

    You are really great with the PSCS tips but a Nikon (and that laptop you
    bought)

    Remind me never to take your purchasing advice :)

    Aericeus

    Aerticeus, Dec 2, 2004