    the files/pages are ftp'd to the site? The server is unix based and I
    believe it has PHP and Perl modules installed.

    Thanks

    cruzyn56, Jan 28, 2005

  2. cruzyn56

    paul Guest

    cruzyn56 wrote:
    > I have seen the free 'gallery' software but it
    > requires installation on the server where I do not have access.

    I think you just need to upload the configuration files, maybe set
    permissions. You will need a mySQL database also I believe.

    > Is there any software that will create the gallery and still work when
    > the files/pages are ftp'd to the site? The server is unix based and I
    > believe it has PHP and Perl modules installed.

    I've written my own with PHP & no database. I'm pretty much an amateur
    but it works well for me: http://www.edgehill.net/1 If you can fudge
    around with the PHP code (heavily commented) it ought to be not too hard
    to modify & use your own templates.

    paul, Jan 28, 2005

  3. cruzyn56

    Guest Guest

    Check out Arless Image Web Page Creator. I make all my image pages and
    galleries on my computer (to save them)...then after I'm all done I just
    upload them via FTP. No changes are needed to be made since Arles knows to
    keep the HTML dynamic where it doesn't need to know what root folder you are
    in to work. It's a great program and you can customize your image gallery
    very specifically. At least give it a try. It's awesome.

    http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/

    Guest, Jan 28, 2005
  4. cruzyn56

    Johnny Guest

    > Check out Arless Image Web Page Creator. I make all my image pages and
    > galleries on my computer (to save them)...then after I'm all done I just
    > upload them via FTP. No changes are needed to be made since Arles knows to
    > keep the HTML dynamic where it doesn't need to know what root folder you are
    > in to work. It's a great program and you can customize your image gallery
    > very specifically. At least give it a try. It's awesome.
    >
    > http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/

    I'll second the vote for Arles. And it's extremely flexible if you know
    some HTML.

    John

    Johnny, Jan 30, 2005