online film guide

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gary J Bevans, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Sorry don't want to be real negative and someone obviously spent a lot of
    time working on this guide however it really is misleading.

    You can get great pictures of all races with just about any film provided:

    - The film is fairly fresh
    - The Photographer shoot it correctly
    - The photo Lab printers and processors are properly maintained and
    balanced.
    - The lab prints the film within the specifications of that particular film.

    I see millions of rolls of film every year and have seen just about every
    film made. And have seen great pictures and I have seen bad as well.

    Yes, different films have a slight variance in color most of which can be
    corrected in printing.

    You would be quite surprised what quality the equipment in most photo labs
    are capable of doing.

    Since photofinishing prices have not gone up like everything else has some
    labs don't spend a great deal of time working on producing a quality
    product.

    They are busy trying to stay profitable for a few more years.

    If you have been watching over the past 10 years many labs are no longer in
    business in fact one of the largest photofinishers in the World is closing 5
    labs this year alone! That is more than 1,000 jobs

    Just rember to keep the film fresh
    Follow film specifications
    Send it labs for processing
    If you don't get the quality you expect ask them to reprint the order.
    If you still don't get the quality you expect try and have another lab
    Reprint the order.

    Silver-Halide Phototography is quickly becoming a lost Art!

    Gary

    Gary J Bevans, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Gary J Bevans

    Polytone Guest

    dslr, why are you such a fucking asshole?

    Polytone, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Gary J Bevans

    dslr Guest

    Polytone wrote:

    > dslr, why are you such a ******** asshole?

    On what grounds do you base that statement?

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Gary J Bevans

    Polytone Guest

    you are a censor.

    Polytone, Aug 17, 2003
  5. Gary J Bevans

    Polytone Guest

    > You can get great pictures of all races with just about any film

    You obviously never shot Fujichrome Velvia. TERRIBLE skin tones of caucasian
    people.

    Polytone, Aug 17, 2003
  6. Gary J Bevans

    dslr Guest

    Polytone wrote:

    > you are a censor.

    Really - how can one person "censor" usenet?

    It just seemed rather strange that the OP would post a totally film post
    solely into a digital group when it would be of far greater use to
    people in the non-digital groups, so it occured to me that he might have
    simply mistaken which group he was posting to - an easy mistake to make,
    haven't you ever done that?

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Aug 17, 2003
  7. Gary J Bevans

    Polytone Guest

    OK. I take back the "fucking asshole" comment. You are simply an asshole.

    Polytone, Aug 17, 2003