    down side is that it took 2 weeks by air mail

    oh well cant have everything.

    just thought i'd share
    zbuzzard, May 5, 2004

  2. zbuzzard

    Bryce Guest

    sounds like a crap deal.

    Bryce, May 5, 2004

  3. zbuzzard

    nixjunk Guest

    >i found an even greater way to save money ... cheaper than ofoto.com,
    >
    >this company is in singapore www.mydigilab.com i've just recieved my
    >100 4R prints. they are excellent. I uploaded my 100 photos and placed
    >my order and paid with my credit card
    >
    >it only cost me SGD$33.00 + a small amount for postage to the US.
    >That's like only 20 cents per print. Excellent.
    >
    >down side is that it took 2 weeks by air mail
    >
    >oh well cant have everything.
    >
    >just thought i'd share

    Why not just go to a local Costco and get 4x6 prints for 14 cents?
    nixjunk, May 6, 2004
  4. zbuzzard

    zbuzzard Guest

    of course going to cosco is cheaper. But what about quality. Do they
    do color correction and all the stuff pro labs are supposed to do ?

    and ofoto.com charges a lot more for a similar service.

    zbuzzard, May 6, 2004
  5. zbuzzard

    nixjunk Guest

    >of course going to cosco is cheaper. But what about quality. Do they
    >do color correction and all the stuff pro labs are supposed to do ?
    >
    >and ofoto.com charges a lot more for a similar service.

    Why do you need color correction if you are giving them a digital file that
    should already be corrected for color, contrast, and sharpness? By default they
    will not correct anything because it is assumed the files are correct to begin
    with. I get what I see on my screen. Can't ask for more than that.

    They print on Fuji Crystal Archive paper and the Costco I use has both Fuji and
    Noritsu lab machines but use the Noritsu for digital.
    nixjunk, May 6, 2004
  6. zbuzzard

    zbuzzard Guest

    because i cant be stuffed to do it.

    since you're paying ... somebody else can do it.

    zbuzzard, May 7, 2004
  7. zbuzzard

    Bryce Guest

    "zbuzzard" <> wrote in message
    > because i cant be stuffed to do it.
    >
    > since you're paying ... somebody else can do it.

    They ain't gonna be doing it for you.

    Why would you think that?
    Bryce, May 7, 2004
  8. zbuzzard

    zbuzzard Guest

    i think that because i know the good people at mydigilab.com are doing
    it for me because the photos i send in are crap, but the prints come
    back remarkably good. colour corrected. leveled much better than what
    i sent in.

    and since they are doing it why would i have to do it since i'm no
    pro.

    zbuzzard, May 9, 2004
  9. zbuzzard

    Bryce Guest