    have first hand knowledge & experience. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated!

    Neal

    Neal, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Neal

    Kevin Guest

    I went through Phoenix's program for instructors. They put us through
    extensive training.

    UoP has a "ground" school with it's related reputation. They aren't a fly
    by night operation.

    They expect a lot from the students. I think they may actually require more
    work than ground schools as the whole accreditation of online schools is new
    and they are erring on the side of caution.

    University of Maryland also has some online courses, not sure if you can
    complete a full degree online or not.

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > I was just wondering if anybody had any experiences or opinions about

    online
    > degree programs (bachelor's) . The schools that I see the most are Univ

    of
    > Phoenix & DeVry. Would this be something worth persuing opposed to just
    > attending college in person? Are these schools any good? If not, then

    what
    > are some good schools? And while I'm rattling off questions, can someone
    > please provide a real-world applicable answer to the differences in

    degrees
    > in computer science, IT & computer info systems (like what kind of job a
    > certain degree might be more suited for or if it even matters at all).
    >
    > I've been to some school's websites & have read what they had to say, but

    > know tht's not the whole story. It's always better to hear from people

    who

    Kevin, Jul 21, 2003

  3. "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > I was just wondering if anybody had any experiences or opinions about

    online
    > degree programs (bachelor's) . The schools that I see the most are Univ

    of
    > Phoenix & DeVry. Would this be something worth persuing opposed to just
    > attending college in person? Are these schools any good? If not, then

    what
    > are some good schools? And while I'm rattling off questions, can someone
    > please provide a real-world applicable answer to the differences in

    degrees
    > in computer science, IT & computer info systems (like what kind of job a
    > certain degree might be more suited for or if it even matters at all).
    >
    > I've been to some school's websites & have read what they had to say, but

    > know tht's not the whole story. It's always better to hear from people

    who
    > have first hand knowledge & experience. Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated!
    >

    > Neal

    I have no opinion as to whether online degrees are better or worse than
    onsite degrees. However, please be aware that University of Phoenix and
    DeVry are "for profit" schools. Personally, I don't think it makes a
    difference in regards to your education, but you will find a good chunk of
    people in life who seem to think non-profit schools educate better than for
    profit schools. Just something to be aware of before you choose your school.

    Also, check your local community colleges. Many of them are offering their
    traditional classes on-line. I think most people prefer the option of
    attending online or onsite depending on the subject of the class.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Neal

    Gary Guest

    Check out University of Maryland University College at
    www.umuc.edu its cheaper that UOP and you learn alot
    better because its a normal semester.

    had to say, but I

    Gary, Jul 22, 2003
  5. "Gary" <> wrote in message
    > Check out University of Maryland University College at
    > www.umuc.edu its cheaper that UOP and you learn alot
    > better because its a normal semester.

    What the hell is a "normal" semester, and who says you learn alot better
    because of it?

    Politician Spock, Jul 22, 2003