    Ive been posting on various message boards looking for any
    feedback and thoughts about on-line degrees, would
    appreciate your thoughts positive or negative.

    MarkInOregon, Feb 17, 2005

  2. MarkInOregon

    Syncme Guest

    "MarkInOregon" <> wrote in message
    news:188201c5150f$ca47e810$...
    > Hey people!
    > Question for you all:
    >
    > What do you think of online Degrees from Accredited
    > Universities? I'm not talking about Degree mills here,
    > from real colleges?
    >
    > I know you can "buy" a degree as well as buy a Cert.
    >
    > Ive been posting on various message boards looking for any
    > feedback and thoughts about on-line degrees, would
    > appreciate your thoughts positive or negative.

    As long as it involves studying and the final result is knowing the subject.
    Where you study is irrelevant.
    Some, however may find it useful to be in a classroom setting with a trainer
    to ask questions and be able to focus better.
    Syncme

    Syncme, Feb 17, 2005

  3. MarkInOregon

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Syncme" <> wrote in

    > As long as it involves studying and the final result is knowing the
    > subject. Where you study is irrelevant.
    > Some, however may find it useful to be in a classroom setting with a
    > trainer to ask questions and be able to focus better.
    > Syncme

    untrue - my better half did her Masters via the new online method at her
    university. she loved it. no driving. no parking. no group assignemnt
    meetings. it was all online. and still achieved it's goal.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Feb 17, 2005
  4. MarkInOregon

    Guest Guest

    >As long as it involves studying and the final result is
    knowing the subject.
    >Where you study is irrelevant.
    >Some, however may find it useful to be in a classroom

    setting with a trainer
    >to ask questions and be able to focus better.
    >Syncme

    I totally agree! I have taught myself many things just
    using books and on-line reference material so, I'm well
    acquainted with not being in a classroom setting to learn
    what I want.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2005
  5. MarkInOregon

    Kat Guest

    > untrue - my better half did her Masters via the new online method at her
    > university. she loved it. no driving. no parking. no group assignemnt
    > meetings. it was all online. and still achieved it's goal.
    >
    > --
    > Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39

    Good for her Rowdy-

    I'm also working toward my degree, and my school offers online versions for
    some of the courses. Whnever that option is available, I take it. Commuting
    to class a couple evenings a week- not something I like doing.

    Also, as long as the schools reputable/certified, it doesn;t make a
    difference if the degree was online or in class. The more appropriate
    question is this- Is it better to have a degree or a cert. Depends on what
    you want it for. But in general, a 4 year degree is going to be worth a hell
    of a lot more than a 7 test certification which people can get from a boot
    camp in 2 weeks.

    IMHO

    --
    KAT , MCNGP #2
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Kat, Feb 17, 2005
  6. MarkInOregon

    MarkInOregon Guest

    >untrue - my better half did her Masters via the new
    online method at her
    >university. she loved it. no driving. no parking. no

    group assignemnt
    >meetings. it was all online. and still achieved it's

    goal.

    Exactly!! Just like most here, getting the training books,
    sitting down at the Comp and work through them, take a
    test, not much different really, Except with on-line
    learning you get to interact via live chats and
    discussions with your fellow students.

    The question is, Are employers accepting this medium as a
    viable Degree as oppsossed to a "brick and mortar" college?

    MarkInOregon, Feb 17, 2005
  7. MarkInOregon

    Tron2005 Guest

    I have my MCSE certifications and an Associates degree with a different
    major. I make more money than some, but not all of my fellow co-workers who
    have a B.A. degree. I also don't have the 30,000 dollars in debt. And
    then there are the co-workers and bosses here that have only a High School
    degree and make more money than us all.

    Tron2005, Feb 17, 2005
  8. MarkInOregon

    Kat Guest

    "Tron2005" <> wrote in message And
    > then there are the co-workers and bosses here that have only a High School
    > degree and make more money than us all.

    It's the Executive Decision Model- if theres someone you don't like and you
    can't fire them (they're in a union, say), yet you don't want to work with
    them- Promote them!

    <rant>I hate my job. Politics suck. And I really hate that 30% of the
    employees in my IT dept, mostly the management, were hired cause they were
    friends of someone. The job description requires a BA in Info Tech, 7 years
    experience, etc. And yet, our call center manager is a former bra salesman.
    Seriously. </rant>

    --
    KAT, MCNGP #29
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Kat, Feb 17, 2005
  9. MarkInOregon

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    Kat <> rambled:

    #2?

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Please to be www.mcngp.com visits!

    Briscobar, Feb 17, 2005
  10. MarkInOregon

    Kat Guest

    > In news:,
    > Kat <> rambled:
    > >
    > > --
    > > KAT , MCNGP #29
    > > http://www.mcngp.com/

    > #29?
    >

    > Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    IFYPFY

    --

    KAT, MCNGP #29
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    If everyone in the world sent me just 1 penny, I'd be, like, a millionaire
    or something.

    Kat, Feb 17, 2005
  11. MarkInOregon

    kpg Guest

    > And yet, our call center manager is a former bra salesman.
    > Seriously. </rant>

    salesman or saleswoman?

    If HE were a bra salesman why in the world would he quite that job?

    kp "another job the High School councilor didn't mention" g

    kpg, Feb 17, 2005
  12. MarkInOregon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    >> --
    >> KAT , MCNGP #2
    >> http://www.mcngp.com/

    > #2?

    Does c need to tell us something?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 17, 2005
  13. MarkInOregon

    Kat Guest

    > salesman or saleswoman?
    >
    > If HE were a bra salesman why in the world would he quite that job?

    salesman- you'd be surprised at how many unattractive women there are :)

    Kat, Feb 17, 2005
  14. kpg wrote:
    >> And yet, our call center manager is a former bra salesman.
    >> Seriously. </rant>

    > salesman or saleswoman?
    >
    > If HE were a bra salesman why in the world would he quite that job?
    >
    > kp "another job the High School councilor didn't mention" g

    Yes, ma'am, here at Joe's Department Store, we pride ourselves in making
    ABSOLUTELY SURE that your brassier will fit PERFECTLY.

    Now if you'll just follow that drooling salesman to your dressing room...

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 17, 2005
  15. JaR wrote:
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >>> --
    >>> KAT , MCNGP #2
    >>> http://www.mcngp.com/

    >> #2?

    > Does c need to tell us something?

    Good gawd I know there was some serious discussions going on at the super
    sekrit site, but I never guessed in a million years that something like
    *that* was negotiable.

    Perhaps it's kind of like when young girls write over and over "Mrs. John
    Doe... MRS. John DOE"

    Mrs. MCNGP #2?

    Ping Consultant's wife.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 17, 2005
  16. MarkInOregon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kat climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >> > --
    >> > KAT , MCNGP #29
    >> > http://www.mcngp.com/

    >> #29?
    >>

    >> Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    > IFYPFY

    You mean; IFMPFY

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 17, 2005
  17. MarkInOregon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kat climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > salesman- you'd be surprised at how many unattractive women there are :)

    No. Can't say that I'd be surprised at that at all.

    On a related note, ya ever wonder what makes a med student choose a career
    in proctology?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 17, 2005
  18. JaR wrote:
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kat climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    >
    >> salesman- you'd be surprised at how many unattractive women there
    >> are :)

    > No. Can't say that I'd be surprised at that at all.
    >
    > On a related note, ya ever wonder what makes a med student choose a
    > career in proctology?

    We praise the colorectal surgeon
    Misunderstood and much maligned
    Slaving away in the heart of darkness
    Working where the sun don't shine
    Respect the colorectal surgeon
    It's a calling few would crave
    Lift up your hands and join us
    Let's all do the finger wave

    When it comes to spreading joy
    There are many techniques
    Some spread joy to the world
    And others just spread cheeks
    Some may think the cardiologist
    Is their best friend
    But the colorectal surgeon knows...
    He'll get you in the end!

    Why the colorectal surgeon?
    It's one of those mysterious things.
    Is it because in that profession
    There are always openings?

    When I first met a colorectal surgeon
    He did not quite understand;
    I said, "Hey it's nice to meet you,
    but do you mind if we don't shake hands?"

    He sailed right through medical school
    Because he was a whiz
    Oh but he never thought of psychology
    Though he read passages
    A doctor he wanted to be
    For golf he loved to play
    But this is not quite what he meant...
    By eighteen holes a day!

    Praise the colorectal surgeon
    Misunderstood and much maligned
    Slaving away in the heart of darkness
    Working where the sun don't shine!

    --
    Fris "JaR is my straight man" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 17, 2005
  19. MarkInOregon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, FrisbeeĀ® climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > We praise the colorectal surgeon
    > Misunderstood and much maligned
    > Slaving away in the heart of darkness

    <<<Poem abridged for brevity>>>

    *Dabs tear from eye*

    That was very...er...moving.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 17, 2005
  20. MarkInOregon

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    not to mention that with a degree - you don't have to keep upgrading
    every couple of years.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/