    Online Camera Stores: Take a Close Look
    Rigged reviews, bait-and-switch tactics common
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/camera_hazards.html

    Don Wiss, Sep 15, 2007

  2. Don Wiss

    Paul Furman Guest

    Don Wiss wrote:

    > For those of us that have been around here for a while this article does
    > not break any new ground. But possibly the site has readers that are less
    > informed than we are. So we can hope that this may save some people a bad
    > experience.
    >
    > Online Camera Stores: Take a Close Look
    > Rigged reviews, bait-and-switch tactics common
    > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/camera_hazards.html
    >
    > Don <www.donwiss.com/pictures/> (e-mail link at page bottoms).

    From that article:
    "Hate to say it, but it's best to look for sites that have a lot of
    negative reviews. People like to complain, so a legitimate site is
    likely to have a lot more complaints than compliments."

    Ha, this is somewhat true, I recommended Adorama to a friend and he said
    they are no good because their rating on resellerratings.com was less
    than stellar. Well they are less than stellar but they are a legitimate
    operation where you can indeed get a good deal. They might call & try to
    talk you into more stuff but they won't pull an outright bait & switch.
    Orders might get mixed up occasionally but it's not intentional. B&H is
    a little more professional but if they don't have what you want, Adorama
    is fine.

    --
    Paul Furman Photography
    http://edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Sep 15, 2007

  3. Don Wiss

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 14, 8:16 pm, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote:
    > For those of us that have been around here for a while this article does
    > not break any new ground. But possibly the site has readers that are less
    > informed than we are. So we can hope that this may save some people a bad
    > experience.
    >
    > Online Camera Stores: Take a Close Look
    > Rigged reviews, bait-and-switch tactics commonhttp://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/camera_hazards.html
    >
    > Don <www.donwiss.com/pictures/> (e-mail link at page bottoms).

    Hey, we still see people posting here, "This store is advertising a
    Nikon D200 for $599, is this a reputable place?"

    RichA, Sep 15, 2007
  4. Don Wiss

    Dave Cohen Guest

    RichA wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 8:16 pm, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote:
    >> For those of us that have been around here for a while this article does
    >> not break any new ground. But possibly the site has readers that are less
    >> informed than we are. So we can hope that this may save some people a bad
    >> experience.
    >>
    >> Online Camera Stores: Take a Close Look
    >> Rigged reviews, bait-and-switch tactics commonhttp://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/camera_hazards.html
    >>
    >> Don <www.donwiss.com/pictures/> (e-mail link at page bottoms).

    > Hey, we still see people posting here, "This store is advertising a
    > Nikon D200 for $599, is this a reputable place?"

    I always check Amazon, unless their price is way out of line which never
    seems to be the case I go with them. No hassle and free shipping. I'm
    not looking to save five or ten bucks on a $400 item.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Sep 15, 2007