    to forward the email onto them for them to take the necessary (if any)
    procedure to prevent this scam from continuing.

    Regards,
    Artiflect, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Artiflect

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Washington Mutual Bank is indeed in the US - the Pacific Northwest,
    specifically. Their website is www.wamu.com. You can find info here
    http://www.wamu.com/personal/welcome/security.htm#emailscam on how to
    report the scam.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 12, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    12 Nov 2004 02:23:18 -0000, "Artiflect"
    <> screamed from behind the mulberry
    bush:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I've received an email from some company claiming that "my" online banking
    >account has been compromised and I need to click on the link to change the
    >settings. For one I know it's a scam because I never use my Hotmail account
    >for online banking email address.
    >
    >Now the so called bank that needs my input is "Washington Mutual Banking".
    >I know for a fact it is a con (the email anyway) because I'm from the UK and
    >don't use that bank (as I think its from the US).
    >
    >The IP address in the headers is 66.205.198.2
    >
    >Is it possible to trace who the ISP is for this IP address, as I would like
    >to forward the email onto them for them to take the necessary (if any)
    >procedure to prevent this scam from continuing.
    >
    >Regards,

    http://www.arin.net

    Search results for: 66.205.198.2

    OrgName: E Broadband Now Inc.
    OrgID: EBNI
    Address: 55 Marietta St
    Address: Suite 350
    City: Atlanta
    StateProv: GA
    PostalCode: 30308
    Country: US

    NetRange: 66.205.192.0 - 66.205.223.255
    CIDR: 66.205.192.0/19
    NetName: CETNETWORKS9
    NetHandle: NET-66-205-192-0-1
    Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.CETNETWORKS.COM
    NameServer: NS2.CETNETWORKS.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2001-12-14
    Updated: 2003-08-20

    TechHandle: ZE63-ARIN
    TechName: Ebroadbandnow.com
    TechPhone: +1-650-743-8599
    TechEmail:

    OrgTechHandle: JKE24-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Ketchersid, John
    OrgTechPhone: +1-770-908-0075
    OrgTechEmail:

    You can also use http://www.geektools.com and get the info from their
    whois. Since I don't know where exactly you pulled the IP address
    from the headers, this is more less speculative that it originated
    there. More likely it was relayed through an open server or
    compromised Windows PC hooked up to high speed access. Have fun with
    it. I always go there and fill them out with user names like
    fuckyouscammer and a password of eatshitanddie.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Nov 12, 2004