    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

    Southern Kiwi, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Southern Kiwi

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from Southern Kiwi of Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:57 :
    > Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments
    > from my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my
    > account? I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks
    > it then they process the payment.

    Webfarm is a NZ company that does this sort of thing. They have been around
    for a while and seem to get good press.
    http://www.webfarm.co.nz/worldpay/index.mv

    I use them for web hosting and have found them fine.

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Southern Kiwi

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments from
    > my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my account?
    > I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks it then they
    > process the payment.

    There are a few, you really need to know what want. Do you want to
    accept payment specifically in $NZD, do you have a merchant account to
    use, etc?

    A couple that will accept transactions in $NZD, and who just take a cut
    then credit the money into your account are:

    http://www.2checkout.com
    http://www.worldpay.co.nz/
    http://www.zipzap.co.nz/

    Or you could just rent a shopping cart like these:
    http://www.gumboot.com/ezshop/ezshop.htm
    http://www.webdrive.co.nz/

    If you have a merchant account with your bank, one option is to take
    credit card details securely (and freely) using: http://www.mals-e.com
    and then just zip-zap them on the old card swipe machine.

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Thus spake Southern Kiwi:
    > Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments from
    > my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my account?
    > I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks it then they
    > process the payment.

    They are around, but you will find them expensive if you're doing small
    amounts. Services like Paypal or Moneybookers are much cheaper.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Southern Kiwi

    max Guest

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:21:42 +1200, Aaron Lawrence
    <> wrote:

    >Thus spake Southern Kiwi:
    >> Is there a company based in NZ who will accept visa/MasterCard payments from
    >> my online customers, take their cut then forward the rest to my account?
    >> I want to put a "buy now" icon on the site, the customer clicks it then they
    >> process the payment.

    >They are around, but you will find them expensive if you're doing small
    >amounts. Services like Paypal or Moneybookers are much cheaper.

    Can you do paypay in NZ dollars?

    max, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Thus spake max:
    > Can you do paypay in NZ dollars?

    Good point, it seems not:

    U.S. Dollar
    Canadian Dollar
    Euro
    Pound Sterling
    Yen

    Moneybookers.com, however, you can.

    One person who really disliked Paypal thought Moneybookers a better bet.

    They seem OK to me.

    Aaron Lawrence, Oct 9, 2003