    on one machine, and automatically ensure the same packages are installed on
    another machine <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneConf/>.

    Can’t see it working with proprietary software, though.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 31, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-31, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > Here?s a nifty idea: being able to take a snapshot of package installations
    > on one machine, and automatically ensure the same packages are installed on
    > another machine <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneConf/>.
    >
    > Can?t see it working with proprietary software, though.

    Getting bored again.

    The point Lawrence is trolling is that under some systems you can do this.
    For the rest of us: a) who cares? or b) We have a backup image which
    includes all the whatever we need. As if the average Jane Doe is aware of
    such things.

    See service has always resulted in an income, will it always?

    Gordon, Oct 31, 2010