OneCare v Kaspersky6 v ZoneAlarm7 v McAfee

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Al K, May 28, 2007.

  1. Al K

    Al K Guest

    I've been using ZA for several years on my 2 XP PCs. ZA is still not
    available on Vista. So I began a search for suites for my Vista Premium
    laptop which came with a 30-day McAfee suite and which ran fine.

    I tried the free trials of Kaspersky 6 and OneCare first on my Vista
    system then extending to my XP systems. Of course, the previous suite
    was removed before installing the next suite.

    I know that Kaspersky is a top-rated suite and that OneCare gets bad
    reviews. But here is what I've found.

    Kaspersky ran well on Vista and XP with one exception: it slowed down my
    games, in particular, FarCry.

    OneCare is running well on Vista and XP. FarCry runs fine.

    ZoneAlarm ran well for 2 years -- including FarCry -- until installing
    version 7. Then FarCry slowed down even in game mode. I think that ZA7
    is using Kaspersky virus software.

    What have your experiences been with security suites on XP and Vista?

    Al K

    Al K, May 28, 2007

  2. Al K

    nemo_outis Guest

    Al K <> wrote in news:135lj53lrlgnc33
    @corp.supernews.com:

    I'm not much into suites (all combinations is pizen :) but for AV:

    1. Kaspersky is the strongest, and its lead further widens if you're into
    high-risk netting (warez downloads, etc.)

    2. Nod32 is very strong and is the best combination of power and light
    load (especially useful for older computers).

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, May 28, 2007

  3. From: "Al K" <>

    | I've been using ZA for several years on my 2 XP PCs. ZA is still not
    | available on Vista. So I began a search for suites for my Vista Premium
    | laptop which came with a 30-day McAfee suite and which ran fine.
    |
    | I tried the free trials of Kaspersky 6 and OneCare first on my Vista
    | system then extending to my XP systems. Of course, the previous suite
    | was removed before installing the next suite.
    |
    | I know that Kaspersky is a top-rated suite and that OneCare gets bad
    | reviews. But here is what I've found.
    |
    | Kaspersky ran well on Vista and XP with one exception: it slowed down my
    | games, in particular, FarCry.
    |
    | OneCare is running well on Vista and XP. FarCry runs fine.
    |
    | ZoneAlarm ran well for 2 years -- including FarCry -- until installing
    | version 7. Then FarCry slowed down even in game mode. I think that ZA7
    | is using Kaspersky virus software.
    |
    | What have your experiences been with security suites on XP and Vista?
    |
    | Al K

    OneCare is junk plain and simple and should be avoided just becuase of the false sense of
    security is provides.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm