    The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
    cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare Beta
    version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?
    Kue2, Jul 28, 2007

  2. IT IS BETA.

    Things like that WILL happen. Don't worry about it.

    Spanky daMonkey, Jul 28, 2007

  3. If you are having problems with a beta product, you should report it via the
    accepted beta contact or feedback channels.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

    Richard G. Harper, Jul 28, 2007
  4. Kue2

    StephenB Guest

    "Kue2" <> wrote:

    >The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
    >cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare Beta
    >version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

    The Safety Scanner forums are here -
    http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225

    -steve
    --
    Stephen Boots
    MVP Windows Live
    StephenB, Jul 28, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Rick Rogers Guest

    DO worry about it, and don't run beta software in a production system.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick Rogers, Jul 28, 2007
  6. Kue2

    Ian Betts Guest

    --
    Ian

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > The full service scans hangs (runs forever) while running the registry
    > cleaner scan (system software). This is the online Windows Live OneCare
    > Beta version 2.0.Anyone experience the same?

    If your not a really experienced user then I would leave this OneCare well
    alone. Its in its BETA form and that means experimental.
    Ian Betts, Jul 29, 2007
  7. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Finally, Thank-you Stephen.

    Kue2, Jul 29, 2007
  8. Kue2

    StephenB Guest

    You're welcome. If you don't get a response there and the problem persists,
    email me and I'll see if I can find out how that team wants feedback.
    -steve

    StephenB, Jul 29, 2007
  9. Excuse me - but there is nothing experimental about ironing out the
    wrinkles!

    Experiments are dealt with in the mock-up phase, which you'll never see.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 30, 2007
  10. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    that a boy Tony,don't u just luv the silly answers......lol .......u sure
    have to wad through the fud......these days.

    Kue2, Jul 30, 2007
  11. Quite!

    Left on it's own, that statement crystalizes as FUD. What an insightfull
    person might mean, is to be carefull in a production environment. Nobody can
    test any kind of software in all imaginable configurations - if you're
    interested in any such software and you don't contribute in the testphase,
    then there will be more potential bugs in the release. If you do not care,
    it's alright to ignore it, but you shouldn't have to (purposefully, or not)
    contribute in a scare-campaign.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 30, 2007
  12. Kue2

    Guest Guest

    Windows One Care Live 2.0 Beta Works Great For Me On 32 Bit Windows Vista,
    Just FYI.

    Guest, Jul 31, 2007