    Val Sharp - Edinburgh
    Photo Galleries ... <www.pbase.com/valsharp>
    A40 Information ... <www.valsphotography.co.uk/information>
    Val Sharp, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Val Sharp

    FOR7b Guest

    >As a complete beginner, with a Canon A40 this time last year, some of
    >you may have seen my 2002 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks photos at
    ><http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks_02>
    >

    >One year on, and this time with with an Oly2100, the 2003 Edinburgh
    >Festival Fireworks at <http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks03>
    >

    >Gained something, but I wonder if I lost something too ... (apart from
    >my innocence after joining this group, that is ;-)
    >

    >--
    >Regards,
    >Val Sharp - Edinburgh

    Good job Val! Trying to recall the particular Canon model you have I would say
    that is definitely maxing out the capabilities of the camera.
    The only fireworks pic I can share is a non digital done with a Canon Elan IIe
    but scanned on a Minolta Scan Dual fim scanner. The shot is four frames taken
    at a beach here in California using the camera's multiple exposure capabilites
    and electronic release for each opening and closing of the shutter.

    Thanks for sharing.

    FOR7b, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Val Sharp

    Sorry, forgot the link http://members.aol.com/for7b/fwlajolla.htm

    FOR7b, Sep 6, 2003
  4. Val Sharp

    Val Sharp Guest

    FOR7b, on 06/09/03 12:06, wrote:

    >> Good job Val! Trying to recall the particular Canon model you have I would
    >> say that is definitely maxing out the capabilities of the camera.

    Thanks :) BTW, you did notice that my second set of fireworks was
    with the Olympus 2100? - though it might have been interesting to have
    tried a few shots with the A40 again this year just to compare.

    >> The only fireworks pic I can share is a non digital done with a Canon Elan
    >> IIe but scanned on a Minolta Scan Dual fim scanner. The shot is four frames taken
    >> at a beach here in California using the camera's multiple exposure
    >> capabilites and electronic release for each opening and closing of the shutter.

    > Sorry, forgot the link http://members.aol.com/for7b/fwlajolla.htm

    Those are definitely rather nice! - like oriental designs of flowers
    on silk :)

    --
    Regards,
    Val