    --
    Ilya Zeldes
    Fort Myers, Florida
    ilyaz, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 27, 2007

  3. ilyaz

    ilyaz Guest

    Jack,
    perhaps I was not clear in my original post... My network was set up long
    ago and worked just fine both ways: accessing, sharing, etc. But yesterday,
    suddenly, it started to work just one way... What caused this change? How to
    prevent it in the future? How to repair it? Is the setting a new network the
    only way?
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    Ilya

    ilyaz, Aug 27, 2007
  4. ilyaz

    ilyaz Guest

    Right after I sent the previous message, I checked my network... Surprise,
    it works both ways today... So, here's another question: what happened?
    Ilya

    ilyaz, Aug 27, 2007
  5. On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:07:28 -0400, "ilyaz" <>
    wrote:

    >Right after I sent the previous message, I checked my network... Surprise,
    >it works both ways today... So, here's another question: what happened?
    >Ilya

    For a wireless network, I'd strongly suspect some environmental
    influence..... wireless telephone, microwave oven, perhaps a
    neighbor's.

    --
    Charlie Hoffpauir
    Charlie Hoffpauir, Aug 27, 2007
  6. ilyaz

    ilyaz Guest

    Charlie,
    I think you're right. However, there was no visible change in the
    environment... Also, I'd guess, it could be some glitch within a router...
    Well, who knows... But if someone has more suggestions, I'd appreciate
    hearing from you.
    Ilya

    ilyaz, Aug 27, 2007
  7. Hi
    Nah, environmental, if it affect the Wireless connection it affect
    everything (Internet and both way file transfer).
    Network is a dynamic system some changes might occurs within the system with
    No outside intervention.
    As an Example, most people have a Router and their computers obtain IP
    automatically. If a lease expires, or something else happened that forces
    the DHCP to reassign IP it might assign a different IP to a computer, or
    computers. It takes the network some time (or and may a system boot) to
    readjust itself to the computers being in a different address.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 27, 2007
  8. ilyaz

    ilyaz Guest

    What ever happened, happened... So far I'm back in business and thank you
    for your advice.
    Ilya

    ilyaz, Aug 27, 2007