One program refuses to launch

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Peter S, May 24, 2010.

  1. Peter S

    Peter S Guest

    I run Windows 7 Ult 64-bit on a system with 6 GB RAM and 5 TB HD. All
    programs run flawlessly including GrassValley Edius 5, AfterEffects CS4,
    Adobe Encore CS4 and others. The machine is stable.

    However, I cannot get my CD/DVD label printing software to launch. It
    installs and is visible in control panel but it does not launch. The printer
    is a Canon Pixma iP4700. The printer works as expected but I cannot use it
    for printing DVDs. I have downloaded the latest software from Canon
    downloads which is cdlpwin141en (9782kB).

    The Windows software log shows in Swedish with my translation:

    Fel (Error).bucket 1764333003, type 1
    händelsenamn (event): APPCRASCH
    Svar (response): not available
    Cabinett-ID: 0
    P1: CDLabelPrint.exe
    P2: 1.4.1.0
    P3: 2a425e19
    P4: StackHasch_abcc

    I have tried to launch the program with and without the printer switched on
    and also with having the printer as my standard printer or not. All other
    print functions work as expected.

    I even did a complete new install on a reformatted disk, which took my two
    days. NO.

    I have also tried with a new fresh user ID but NO.

    Presently I use another PC by downgrading it to Windows XP home where my old
    Epson 200 works well and now serves me with DVD white surface printing.
    Epson R200 will not be supported under Windows 7.

    Any other suggestions?
    Peter S, May 24, 2010

  2. A driver for the Epson Stylus Photo R200 is included in the basic set of
    Inbox drivers with Windows 7.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...kie=yes&noteoid=147071&type=highlights#Inkjet
    Printers

    There were reports of CD-LabelPrint conflicting with some pdf printer
    drivers under XP. Uninstalling the pdf software resolved the issue.

    Dominic Payer, May 24, 2010

  3. Peter S

    Peter S Guest

    Yes, but that driver for Epson R200 does not support DVD printing. Normal
    printing is oK.

    Peter S, May 26, 2010
  4. You need Epson Print CD in addition to the basic printer driver if you
    want to print CDs or DVDs with any Epson printer.

    Download and install Print CD 2 from your regional Epson site.

    Dominic Payer, May 26, 2010