    the control panel? I don't remember seeing it in the pre-release builds I
    installed. I know some services need an account. Can anyone expound on
    this?
    M. Murcek, Jul 14, 2005

  2. The account ASPNET needs to be there for ASP.NET to work. If you have ASP.NET
    installed (any version), that account is used to run your web applications.
    Maybe there were no ASP.NET installed by default on pre-release builds?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVpbmhvcg==?=, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Jeinhor <> wrote:
    > The account ASPNET needs to be there for ASP.NET to work. If you have
    > ASP.NET installed (any version), that account is used to run your web
    > applications. Maybe there were no ASP.NET installed by default on
    > pre-release builds?

    Can't remember about the pre release but the account exists on XP x86 since
    the begining

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselede - Belgium)
    Christian Hougardy, Jul 14, 2005
  4. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Christian - you're right. I looked at an x86 install, and there it is.

    Thanks all!

    M. Murcek, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Here is a great site about the ASP.NET Account:
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005
  6. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Thanks again, Andre. I love knowing more than I need to know. It makes it
    easier to show off at work.

    M. Murcek, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Yeah, and makes you a target for pranks and beat ups. ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005
    Steve Thompson, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Tweak UI for x64
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=49
    --

    "Steve Thompson" <> wrote in message
    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005
    Steve Thompson, Jul 14, 2005
  11. No problemo. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 15, 2005