    microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does not
    want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to solve
    the problem please ? thanks
    JWBH, Mar 21, 2007

  2. JWBH

    PeeCee Guest

    "JWBH" <> wrote in message
    news:34iMh.3292$...
    >I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has a
    >microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does not
    >want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to solve
    >the problem please ? thanks

    Try resyncing the mouse with the base, it may move the frequency it uses far
    enough away to minimise interference.

    Otherwise just use a USB mouse.

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Mar 21, 2007

  3. JWBH wrote:
    > I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has a
    > microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does not
    > want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to solve
    > the problem please ? thanks

    Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the other
    side of the room?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 21, 2007
  4. JWBH

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > JWBH wrote:
    >> I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has a
    >> microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does
    >> not
    >> want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to
    >> solve
    >> the problem please ? thanks

    > Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the other
    > side of the room?

    Heh! I usually tell people to skip the wireless mouse too. There are two
    exceptions: laptop users and people doing CAD, photo editing, or other
    processes needing very precise control over mouse movement. I've found that
    a mouse cord often becomes irritating when it bumps things or pulls the
    mouse back in the middle of some critical work.
    WhzzKdd, Mar 22, 2007
  5. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> JWBH wrote:
    >>> I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has
    >>> a microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine
    >>> does not want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be
    >>> possible to solve the problem please ? thanks

    >> Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the
    >> other side of the room?
    >>

    > Heh! I usually tell people to skip the wireless mouse too. There are
    > two exceptions: laptop users and people doing CAD, photo editing, or
    > other processes needing very precise control over mouse movement. I've
    > found that a mouse cord often becomes irritating when it bumps things
    > or pulls the mouse back in the middle of some critical work.

    For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
    movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
    And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
    mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
    the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
    mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
    screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
    extraterrestrials, not for human hands.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 22, 2007
  6. JWBH

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the
    >>> other side of the room?
    >>>

    >> Heh! I usually tell people to skip the wireless mouse too. There are
    >> two exceptions: laptop users and people doing CAD, photo editing, or
    >> other processes needing very precise control over mouse movement. I've
    >> found that a mouse cord often becomes irritating when it bumps things
    >> or pulls the mouse back in the middle of some critical work.

    > For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
    > movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
    > And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
    > mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
    > the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
    > mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
    > screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
    > extraterrestrials, not for human hands.

    I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad on my
    laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of the issue with
    a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis in my thumb. After
    about 5 minutes I can't stand it anymore <g>! I did a little better with the
    big-a$$ center ball type.

    Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball? Big
    honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever? Now THAT was
    a trackball!
    WhzzKdd, Mar 22, 2007
  7. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
    >> movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
    >> And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
    >> mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
    >> the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
    >> mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
    >> screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
    >> extraterrestrials, not for human hands.
    >>

    > I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad on my
    > laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of the issue with
    > a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis in my thumb. After

    Well, sure. That's a special case.

    > Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball? Big
    > honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever? Now THAT was
    > a trackball!

    Sure do. I remember playing track'n'field arcade consoles with them.
    The whole idea was your guy ran/jumped/whatever better the faster you
    spun the ball. That got boring in a hurry.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 23, 2007
  8. JWBH

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
    >>> movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
    >>> And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
    >>> mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
    >>> the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
    >>> mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
    >>> screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
    >>> extraterrestrials, not for human hands.
    >>>

    >> I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad on my
    >> laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of the issue
    >> with
    >> a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis in my thumb. After

    > Well, sure. That's a special case.
    >
    >> Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball? Big
    >> honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever? Now THAT
    >> was
    >> a trackball!

    > Sure do. I remember playing track'n'field arcade consoles with them.
    > The whole idea was your guy ran/jumped/whatever better the faster you
    > spun the ball. That got boring in a hurry.

    LOL! I used to play a lot of pinball on my PC (Full Tilt - some very nice 3D
    games) using the keyboard for controls. I often thought it would be fun to
    build a control box: big red flipper buttons on the side, tilt switches
    inside, hack into an old keyboard and hook it up.
    WhzzKdd, Mar 23, 2007
  9. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad
    >>> on my laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of
    >>> the issue with a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis
    >>> in my thumb. After

    >> Well, sure. That's a special case.
    >>
    >>> Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball?
    >>> Big honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever?
    >>> Now THAT was a trackball!

    >> Sure do. I remember playing track'n'field arcade consoles with them.
    >> The whole idea was your guy ran/jumped/whatever better the faster you
    >> spun the ball. That got boring in a hurry.
    >>

    > LOL! I used to play a lot of pinball on my PC (Full Tilt - some very
    > nice 3D

    I was a pinball wizard on the real machines. :)

    On the way to getting married one afternoon (no, that was not a typo
    <g>) in 1973 I stopped off at an arcade to shoot some pinball. I
    couldn't lose. On my quarter I ran the machine up to fifteen or twenty
    games. I just kept playing and playing. It kept getting later and
    later Finally, I said to the twelve-or-so-year-old kid who was watching
    me in awe, "Hey, take these games willya? I gotta go get married!" He
    looked at me like, "You're going to give up all those games for
    *that*?!" In retrospect, he was right to quesiton me. Granted, that
    *was* the best of My Three Exes. :) And yes, I was a little late
    getting to the wedding.

    > games) using the keyboard for controls. I often thought it would be
    > fun to build a control box: big red flipper buttons on the side, tilt
    > switches inside, hack into an old keyboard and hook it up.

    Yeah, I thought of that, too. Video pinball lacks a metric buttload of
    tactile feedback. You can almost dance with a real pinball machine.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 23, 2007
  10. JWBH

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> LOL! I used to play a lot of pinball on my PC (Full Tilt - some very
    >> nice 3D

    > I was a pinball wizard on the real machines. :)
    >
    > On the way to getting married one afternoon (no, that was not a typo
    > <g>) in 1973 I stopped off at an arcade to shoot some pinball. I
    > couldn't lose. On my quarter I ran the machine up to fifteen or twenty
    > games. I just kept playing and playing. It kept getting later and
    > later Finally, I said to the twelve-or-so-year-old kid who was watching
    > me in awe, "Hey, take these games willya? I gotta go get married!" He
    > looked at me like, "You're going to give up all those games for
    > *that*?!" In retrospect, he was right to quesiton me. Granted, that
    > *was* the best of My Three Exes. :) And yes, I was a little late
    > getting to the wedding.

    I've been there twice. Really wish I could have kept the second one. But, to
    be perfectly honest, I can be a real ass.

    >> games) using the keyboard for controls. I often thought it would be
    >> fun to build a control box: big red flipper buttons on the side, tilt
    >> switches inside, hack into an old keyboard and hook it up.

    > Yeah, I thought of that, too. Video pinball lacks a metric buttload of
    > tactile feedback. You can almost dance with a real pinball machine.

    I was never that good, but I sure loved 'em. We had a few machines in the
    rec room in the trailer park I grew up at. Most of my paper route earnings
    went into those boxes ;)
    WhzzKdd, Mar 23, 2007
  11. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL! I used to play a lot of pinball on my PC (Full Tilt - some very
    >>> nice 3D

    >> I was a pinball wizard on the real machines. :)
    >>
    >> On the way to getting married one afternoon (no, that was not a typo
    >> <g>) in 1973 I stopped off at an arcade to shoot some pinball. I
    >> couldn't lose. On my quarter I ran the machine up to fifteen or
    >> twenty games. I just kept playing and playing. It kept getting
    >> later and later Finally, I said to the twelve-or-so-year-old kid who
    >> was watching me in awe, "Hey, take these games willya? I gotta go
    >> get married!" He looked at me like, "You're going to give up all
    >> those games for *that*?!" In retrospect, he was right to quesiton
    >> me. Granted, that *was* the best of My Three Exes. :) And yes, I
    >> was a little late getting to the wedding.

    > I've been there twice. Really wish I could have kept the second one.
    > But, to be perfectly honest, I can be a real ass.

    That was my second, as well. And yes, I'm the one that blew it.
    Something about having a girlfriend on the side for three years. I wish
    I'd been smarter, but I was drinking then. Wasn't long after that that
    I did AA for nine years. I left the program in 1997; can drink socially
    now, but I rarely even do that any more. If I do it's usualy because
    I've opted for three or four beers and an evening of darts in a saloon;
    I used to play league darts for my bar.

    >>> games) using the keyboard for controls. I often thought it would be
    >>> fun to build a control box: big red flipper buttons on the side,
    >>> tilt switches inside, hack into an old keyboard and hook it up.

    >> Yeah, I thought of that, too. Video pinball lacks a metric buttload
    >> of tactile feedback. You can almost dance with a real pinball
    >> machine.

    A good analogy about real and video pinball just came to me. It's like
    the difference between having sex and reading about sex. This is *not*
    to say that I ever stuck the wrong thing into the coin slot. :)

    > I was never that good, but I sure loved 'em. We had a few machines in
    > the rec room in the trailer park I grew up at. Most of my paper route
    > earnings went into those boxes ;)

    See, if you'd got better, the free games would've saved you most of that
    route money. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 23, 2007
  12. JWBH

    >>> I was a pinball wizard on the real machines. :)

    >>> Yeah, I thought of that, too. Video pinball lacks a metric buttload
    >>> of tactile feedback. You can almost dance with a real pinball
    >>> machine.

    >> I was never that good, but I sure loved 'em. We had a few machines in
    >> the rec room in the trailer park I grew up at. Most of my paper route
    >> earnings went into those boxes ;)

    > See, if you'd got better, the free games would've saved you most of that
    > route money. :)

    Heh - I lost more on the ex wives than the pinball games ;)
    WhzzKdd, Mar 23, 2007