    view all the headers and then went back to normal headers.

    I found this only to be true in the wide view. Classic and vertical
    views still have the status bar.

    wicked, Mar 14, 2006

  2. wicked

    gwtc Guest

    wicked wrote:

    > Thunderbird 1.5 Windows XP Home SP2
    > I have been running 1.5 for a while now with no problems until today. I
    > clicked on view > headers > all. After I was done with the headers I
    > clicked view > headers > normal. The headers went back to normal but
    > the, I guess it's the status bar at the bottom disappeared and the
    > slider and message goes beyond the bottom. (??) I can't seem to figure
    > out how to fix this. I'm not even sure how it happened. All I did was
    > view all the headers and then went back to normal headers.
    >

    > I found this only to be true in the wide view. Classic and vertical
    > views still have the status bar.

    for status bar, click on View, Toolbars, and make sure Status Bar is
    checked.

    as for "slider and message goes beyond the bottom" I have no idea what
    you're talking about.

    Otherwise, go ask in the Thunderbird support newsgroup:

    gwtc, Mar 14, 2006

  3. wicked

    wicked Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > wicked wrote:
    >
    >> Thunderbird 1.5 Windows XP Home SP2
    >> I have been running 1.5 for a while now with no problems until today.
    >> I clicked on view > headers > all. After I was done with the headers I
    >> clicked view > headers > normal. The headers went back to normal but
    >> the, I guess it's the status bar at the bottom disappeared and the
    >> slider and message goes beyond the bottom. (??) I can't seem to
    >> figure out how to fix this. I'm not even sure how it happened. All I
    >> did was view all the headers and then went back to normal headers.
    >>

    >> I found this only to be true in the wide view. Classic and vertical
    >> views still have the status bar.

    > for status bar, click on View, Toolbars, and make sure Status Bar is
    > checked.
    >
    > as for "slider and message goes beyond the bottom" I have no idea what
    > you're talking about.
    >
    > Otherwise, go ask in the Thunderbird support newsgroup:

    Thanks for the reply and the link. Hopefully they can help.
    Obviously I know how to turn the status bar on and off and I even know
    how to change the layout. Otherwise I wouldn't know about the 3
    different layouts.
    In other words, the status bar is probably there. It is just beyond the
    bottom of the window and the only way to see the whole message and the
    entire scroll bar (sorry I called it the slider) is to double click the
    message and put the message in it's own window.
    I was in wide view when I clicked on view > headers > all. Then when I
    clicked on view > headers > normal, that's when the change occurred.
    Again, thanks for the reply and the link.

    wicked, Mar 14, 2006

    wicked schreef:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> wicked wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thunderbird 1.5 Windows XP Home SP2
    >>> I have been running 1.5 for a while now with no problems until today.
    >>> I clicked on view > headers > all. After I was done with the headers
    >>> I clicked view > headers > normal. The headers went back to normal
    >>> but the, I guess it's the status bar at the bottom disappeared and
    >>> the slider and message goes beyond the bottom. (??) I can't seem to
    >>> figure out how to fix this. I'm not even sure how it happened. All I
    >>> did was view all the headers and then went back to normal headers.
    >>>

    >>> I found this only to be true in the wide view. Classic and vertical
    >>> views still have the status bar.

    >> for status bar, click on View, Toolbars, and make sure Status Bar is
    >> checked.
    >>
    >> as for "slider and message goes beyond the bottom" I have no idea what
    >> you're talking about.
    >>
    >> Otherwise, go ask in the Thunderbird support newsgroup:

    > Thanks for the reply and the link. Hopefully they can help.
    > Obviously I know how to turn the status bar on and off and I even know
    > how to change the layout. Otherwise I wouldn't know about the 3
    > different layouts.
    > In other words, the status bar is probably there. It is just beyond the
    > bottom of the window and the only way to see the whole message and the
    > entire scroll bar (sorry I called it the slider) is to double click the
    > message and put the message in it's own window.
    > I was in wide view when I clicked on view > headers > all. Then when I
    > clicked on view > headers > normal, that's when the change occurred.
    > Again, thanks for the reply and the link.

    Maybe you just need to resize the window??

    H.
    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Mar 14, 2006
  5. wicked

    wicked Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
    >
    > wicked schreef:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> for status bar, click on View, Toolbars, and make sure Status Bar is
    >>> checked.
    >>>
    >>> as for "slider and message goes beyond the bottom" I have no idea what
    >>> you're talking about.
    >>>
    >>> Otherwise, go ask in the Thunderbird support newsgroup:

    >> Thanks for the reply and the link. Hopefully they can help.
    >> Obviously I know how to turn the status bar on and off and I even know
    >> how to change the layout. Otherwise I wouldn't know about the 3
    >> different layouts.
    >> In other words, the status bar is probably there. It is just beyond the
    >> bottom of the window and the only way to see the whole message and the
    >> entire scroll bar (sorry I called it the slider) is to double click the
    >> message and put the message in it's own window.
    >> I was in wide view when I clicked on view > headers > all. Then when I
    >> clicked on view > headers > normal, that's when the change occurred.
    >> Again, thanks for the reply and the link.

    > Maybe you just need to resize the window??
    >
    > H.

    Thanks but resizing does no good. The message still goes beyond the
    bottom of the window and I can only read the entire message by either
    going to classic or vertical views. Otherwise I can click the message
    subject and give the message it's own window. Does that make sense?
    Even the scroll bar goes off the page.
    Thanks

    wicked, Mar 14, 2006
  6. wicked

    Doug G Guest

    wicked wrote:
    > Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    >> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
    >>
    >> wicked schreef:

    >>> Thanks for the reply and the link. Hopefully they can help.
    >>> Obviously I know how to turn the status bar on and off and I even know
    >>> how to change the layout. Otherwise I wouldn't know about the 3
    >>> different layouts.
    >>> In other words, the status bar is probably there. It is just beyond the
    >>> bottom of the window and the only way to see the whole message and the
    >>> entire scroll bar (sorry I called it the slider) is to double click the
    >>> message and put the message in it's own window.
    >>> I was in wide view when I clicked on view > headers > all. Then when I
    >>> clicked on view > headers > normal, that's when the change occurred.
    >>> Again, thanks for the reply and the link.

    >> Maybe you just need to resize the window??
    >>
    >> H.

    > Thanks but resizing does no good. The message still goes beyond the
    > bottom of the window and I can only read the entire message by either
    > going to classic or vertical views. Otherwise I can click the message
    > subject and give the message it's own window. Does that make sense?
    > Even the scroll bar goes off the page.
    > Thanks

    If you there isn't a scroll bar in the headers section of the message
    pane, you can add one.

    While TB is closed, use Windows Notepad to add the following lines to
    the userChrome.css file found in your TB profile's chrome folder.

    /* Limits View Headers (All) lists and adds scrollbars for overflow.
    *
    */
    #msgHeaderView { max-height: 22em !important;
    overflow: auto !important; }

    Doug G, Mar 14, 2006
  7. wicked

    wicked Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > wicked wrote:
    >> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    >>> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message

    >>> Maybe you just need to resize the window??
    >>>
    >>> H.

    >> Thanks but resizing does no good. The message still goes beyond the
    >> bottom of the window and I can only read the entire message by either
    >> going to classic or vertical views. Otherwise I can click the message
    >> subject and give the message it's own window. Does that make sense?
    >> Even the scroll bar goes off the page.
    >> Thanks

    > If you there isn't a scroll bar in the headers section of the message
    > pane, you can add one.
    >
    > While TB is closed, use Windows Notepad to add the following lines to
    > the userChrome.css file found in your TB profile's chrome folder.
    >
    > /* Limits View Headers (All) lists and adds scrollbars for overflow.
    > *
    > */
    > #msgHeaderView { max-height: 22em !important;
    > overflow: auto !important; }

    A scroll bar in the headers section isn't the problem but it might be
    worth a try to correct the real problem. I'll try this and see what
    happens. I'll check back later with the results.

    wicked, Mar 14, 2006
  8. wicked

    wicked Guest

    wicked wrote:
    > Doug G wrote:
    >> wicked wrote:

    >>> Thanks but resizing does no good. The message still goes beyond the
    >>> bottom of the window and I can only read the entire message by either
    >>> going to classic or vertical views. Otherwise I can click the message
    >>> subject and give the message it's own window. Does that make sense?
    >>> Even the scroll bar goes off the page.
    >>> Thanks

    >> If you there isn't a scroll bar in the headers section of the message
    >> pane, you can add one.
    >>
    >> While TB is closed, use Windows Notepad to add the following lines to
    >> the userChrome.css file found in your TB profile's chrome folder.
    >>
    >> /* Limits View Headers (All) lists and adds scrollbars for overflow.
    >> *
    >> */
    >> #msgHeaderView { max-height: 22em !important;
    >> overflow: auto !important; }

    > A scroll bar in the headers section isn't the problem but it might be
    > worth a try to correct the real problem. I'll try this and see what
    > happens. I'll check back later with the results.

    Very strange. Just a moment ago I reset the layout to 'wide view' and
    the problem seems to have somehow resolved itself. I don't understand it
    but everything seems to be working fine now. I guess another virus and
    spyware scan is in order.
    I've never had a detected virus. I hope this isn't the cause.
    Thanks for the advice.

    wicked, Mar 15, 2006
  9. wicked

    gwtc Guest

    wicked wrote:

    > wicked wrote:
    >
    >>Doug G wrote:

    >>>If you there isn't a scroll bar in the headers section of the message
    >>>pane, you can add one.
    >>>
    >>>While TB is closed, use Windows Notepad to add the following lines to
    >>>the userChrome.css file found in your TB profile's chrome folder.
    >>>
    >>>/* Limits View Headers (All) lists and adds scrollbars for overflow.
    >>>*
    >>>*/
    >>>#msgHeaderView { max-height: 22em !important;
    >>>overflow: auto !important; }

    >>A scroll bar in the headers section isn't the problem but it might be
    >>worth a try to correct the real problem. I'll try this and see what
    >>happens. I'll check back later with the results.

    > Very strange. Just a moment ago I reset the layout to 'wide view' and
    > the problem seems to have somehow resolved itself. I don't understand it
    > but everything seems to be working fine now. I guess another virus and
    > spyware scan is in order.
    > I've never had a detected virus. I hope this isn't the cause.
    > Thanks for the advice.

    no, it wouldn't be a virus or spyware problem. As I said in a other
    ng, I can't reproduce the problem. So, as far as I'm concerned, its a
    glitch. And thats what I'm sticking to.

    gwtc, Mar 15, 2006