    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Aaron J. Bossig

    TB Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" wrote:

    > With all the changes to look for, there is one that should
    > be obvious, but isn't, at first.
    >
    > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > the "Special Edition" moniker. Perhaps Lucas no longer feels the need
    > to differentiate these from the originals, and maybe in a few years,
    > he'll be acting like there never were any changes, they'd been
    > that way ever since 1977!
    >
    > Yeah, it's a tad absurd, but with the situation the way it is, it doesn't
    > seem that anything is too absurd. I'm sorry if this has been commented on
    > before, but I must have missed it amidst all the Greedo talk.

    Hey, it's happened with "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Aaron J. Bossig

    Sue Guest

    TB wrote:
    > "Aaron J. Bossig" wrote:
    >

    >>With all the changes to look for, there is one that should
    >>be obvious, but isn't, at first.
    >>
    >>The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    >>Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    >>the "Special Edition" moniker. Perhaps Lucas no longer feels the need
    >>to differentiate these from the originals, and maybe in a few years,
    >>he'll be acting like there never were any changes, they'd been
    >>that way ever since 1977!
    >>
    >>Yeah, it's a tad absurd, but with the situation the way it is, it doesn't
    >>seem that anything is too absurd. I'm sorry if this has been commented on
    >>before, but I must have missed it amidst all the Greedo talk.

    I noitced that, too! Very odd. It may be that Lucas sees no need to
    point out the difference, since he's stated the original versions will
    never be released again.

    I've heard of some people returning their sets because they thought they
    were the original, unaltered versions, but I'm not sure if that's true
    or not. It wouldn't surprise me, however, because there's nothing on the
    box to indicate that the films inside are any different from the
    1977/1980/1983 releases.

    Sue

    Sue, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Aaron J. Bossig

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > the "Special Edition" moniker. Perhaps Lucas no longer feels the need
    > to differentiate these from the originals, and maybe in a few years,
    > he'll be acting like there never were any changes, they'd been
    > that way ever since 1977!

    Lucas did the same thing for the last VHS release as well.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Aaron J. Bossig

    Eric R. Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > the "Special Edition" moniker.

    Actually, he started this with the last VHS release. I knew he would
    do this back in 1997. Lucas is a big Orwell fan (and I'm not kidding
    here, he really is) and is attempting to rewrite history. And he's
    doing it pretty successfully too. In 20 years, how many people will
    even realize that Han shot Greedo first?

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 6, 2004
  6. Aaron J. Bossig

    RichC Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > the "Special Edition" moniker.

    Aside from that, what I wonder is this: If Episodes IV-VI are "The
    Star Wars Trilogy," then what trilogy is Episodes I-III? "The Other
    Star Wars Trilogy"?

    RichC

    RichC, Oct 6, 2004
  7. Aaron J. Bossig

    TB Guest

    "RichC" wrote:

    > > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > > the "Special Edition" moniker.

    > Aside from that, what I wonder is this: If Episodes IV-VI are "The
    > Star Wars Trilogy," then what trilogy is Episodes I-III? "The Other
    > Star Wars Trilogy"?

    The Star Wars Crapology.

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 6, 2004
  8. Aaron J. Bossig

    Yazandtony Guest

    I think the better question is in 20 years how many people will actually CARE
    that Han shot first?

    Yazandtony, Oct 6, 2004
  9. Aaron J. Bossig

    Justin Guest

    Yazandtony wrote on [06 Oct 2004 17:55:41 GMT]:
    > I think the better question is in 20 years how many people will actually CARE
    > that Han shot first?

    Hmmmm, most of the people that care now. And then some...

    Justin, Oct 6, 2004
  10. Aaron J. Bossig

    Smaug69 Guest

    (Eric R.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > > the "Special Edition" moniker.

    > Actually, he started this with the last VHS release. I knew he would
    > do this back in 1997. Lucas is a big Orwell fan (and I'm not kidding
    > here, he really is) and is attempting to rewrite history. And he's
    > doing it pretty successfully too. In 20 years, how many people will
    > even realize that Han shot Greedo first?

    Well, if I am still around, and Lucas hasn't hunted down and killed
    all of us Original Trilogy Jedi then I will know.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Oct 6, 2004
  11. Aaron J. Bossig

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Yeah, it's a tad absurd, but with the situation the way it is, it doesn't
    > seem that anything is too absurd.

    Ahem: "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" :^) I know, I
    know, it was only done to keep from confusing the poor video store
    workers.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Oct 7, 2004
  12. Aaron J. Bossig

    Dale Hicks Guest

    In article <>, smaug86
    @yahoo.com says...
    > (Eric R.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >
    > > > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > > > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > > > the "Special Edition" moniker.

    > > Actually, he started this with the last VHS release. I knew he would
    > > do this back in 1997. Lucas is a big Orwell fan (and I'm not kidding
    > > here, he really is) and is attempting to rewrite history. And he's
    > > doing it pretty successfully too. In 20 years, how many people will
    > > even realize that Han shot Greedo first?

    > Well, if I am still around, and Lucas hasn't hunted down and killed
    > all of us Original Trilogy Jedi then I will know.

    Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.

    --
    Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

    Dale Hicks, Oct 7, 2004
  13. Aaron J. Bossig

    Dale Hicks Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > Yeah, it's a tad absurd, but with the situation the way it is, it doesn't
    > > seem that anything is too absurd.

    > Ahem: "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" :^) I know, I
    > know, it was only done to keep from confusing the poor video store
    > workers.

    If it only goes on the box art, then that's okay, as it lets you put
    them together in your collection without sweating the fact that you're
    placing them out of your alphabetical order.

    --
    Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

    Dale Hicks, Oct 7, 2004
  14. Aaron J. Bossig

    TrevorS Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > With all the changes to look for, there is one that should
    > be obvious, but isn't, at first.
    >
    > The new DVD box set is titled and advertised as "Star Wars Trilogy".
    > Unlike the previous releases on LD and VHS, this set has dropped
    > the "Special Edition" moniker. Perhaps Lucas no longer feels the need
    > to differentiate these from the originals, and maybe in a few years,
    > he'll be acting like there never were any changes, they'd been
    > that way ever since 1977!
    >
    > Yeah, it's a tad absurd, but with the situation the way it is, it doesn't
    > seem that anything is too absurd. I'm sorry if this has been commented on
    > before, but I must have missed it amidst all the Greedo talk.

    I noticed that. I mentioned in another post that I originally bought
    the THX LD's, but found the color quaity had been messed up (serious
    excess of blue) and so I presume that was Lucas first "vision"
    revision. I had to get the original LD releases in order to get the
    undoctored theatrical "vision" (best so far IMO). Then I stumbled
    into the LD Special Edition "vision" and presumed those additions and
    changes (didn't much care for them) would be the final re-envisioned
    "vision". However, now I'm confronted with the DVD release which
    returns to the original naming, but embodies yet further "vision"ing.
    I had thought I was just trying to make sure I had the "right"
    version, but now I realize I'm merely tracking the moving target
    "vision". Oh, well!

    TrevorS, Oct 7, 2004
  15. Aaron J. Bossig

    Omarichu Guest

    >I've heard of some people returning their sets because they thought they
    >were the original, unaltered versions

    No you didn't. No reason to lie.

    >but I'm not sure if that's true
    >or not.

    Even if you weren't lying your ass off and were stupid enough to believe such
    propaganda, it wouldn't be true.

    Too bad no one gives a flying **** whether the incredibly marginal changes are
    in there or not. Try not to cry, ****.

    Omarichu, Oct 7, 2004
  16. Aaron J. Bossig

    Omarichu Guest

    >Well, if I am still around, and Lucas hasn't hunted down and killed
    >all of us Original Trilogy Jedi then I will know.

    And you'll continue being ignored, hopefully giving you the heart attack you've
    deserved for so long.

    Omarichu, Oct 7, 2004
  17. Aaron J. Bossig

    Omarichu Guest

    >Hmmmm, most of the people that care now. And then some...

    So four people instead of three?

    Omarichu, Oct 7, 2004
  18. Aaron J. Bossig

    Omarichu Guest

    >However, now I'm confronted with the DVD release which
    >returns to the original naming, but embodies yet further "vision"ing.

    People aren't "confronted" with DVD releases. Try going outside once in awhile,
    virgin.

    Omarichu, Oct 7, 2004
  19. Aaron J. Bossig

    Eric R. Guest

    (RichC) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Aside from that, what I wonder is this: If Episodes IV-VI are "The
    > Star Wars Trilogy," then what trilogy is Episodes I-III? "The Other
    > Star Wars Trilogy"?

    I suppose they could make up a new word. How about "The Star Wars Prequilogy"? ;-)

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 7, 2004
  20. Aaron J. Bossig

    Eric R. Guest

    (Omarichu) wrote in message news:<>...

    > People aren't "confronted" with DVD releases. Try going outside once in awhile,
    > virgin.

    And I suppose you're typing all these usenet posts on a hiking trip?

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 7, 2004