    Paul Qualls
    MCP
    MCAD
    Paul Qualls, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Paul Qualls

    Scott M Guest

    Paul,
    I just passed 70-300 2 weeks ago or so. I'm (thinking of) taking 70-330
    next and its my last test for MCSD.NET. I'll give you some pointers on 300
    if you give me some on 330 :D

    I used the MSPress book - which was ok, but hte questions on the CD were
    much more helpful. Besides that I used many online resources including:
    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-300skills.htm

    As for the test, it was my first case study - so i bought the transcender,
    which was incredibly helpful - as all the other practice exams were just
    question based.
    Another thing I found while taking the test and studying is, as usual,
    assume NOTHING unless a reason is explicitly stated in the case study.
    I was told and read I'd get 160 minutes, but the test only gave 120. I used
    almost every minute. Once finished with a case study you cannot go back to
    it. So, use every minute to review, review, review. Someone posted on here
    and i used the theory alot - make sure KNOW why you ARE NOT choosing certian
    awnsers, instead of knowing why you ARE choosing the one you choose.

    Thats about all I have. Good luck with it, and congrats on your achivements
    so far.
    -Scott

    Scott M, Dec 28, 2005

  3. Paul Qualls

    DST Guest

    DST, Dec 29, 2005
  4. Paul Qualls

    Paul Qualls Guest

    "Scott M" <smillard@mail[rem ove].ucf.edu> wrote in message
    > Paul,
    > I just passed 70-300 2 weeks ago or so. I'm (thinking of) taking 70-330
    > next and its my last test for MCSD.NET. I'll give you some pointers on
    > 300 if you give me some on 330 :D

    I took the 70-340 exam, but I think that other than syntax, the tests would
    be the same. I used as a study guide, the self-paced Training Kit book
    "Implementing Security for Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic.Net and
    Microsoft Visual C#.Net" isbn 0-7356-2121-7 . The sample tests on the CD
    were 100% worthless towards preparing for the exam as only about 10
    questions out of all of them were similarly covered on the real exam. That
    is not to say that the information on the exam is not relevant or important,
    because I did learn much about security (just not covered on the test I
    took). But if you are preparing specifically for the exam and want to take
    sample tests, don't use the one provided on the CD. That being said, I did
    buy the "selftest software" practice exam for this, and it was very good. I
    learned more by taking the selftest software and researching my incorrect
    answers. BUT be cautious.. some of the answers on the exam are wrong. For
    example, they have some questions that state that the correct answer to the
    question is like
    [assembly: ............... SecurityAction.Demand

    and as far as I could tell, you can't do a Demand or LinkDemand at the
    Assembly level

    Other than that, understand CA certificates, Code Access Security (including
    how to handle exceptions), sql injection prevention, buffer overrun
    prevention and other general topics. Another biggie is to know how to know
    what context your application is running under based on the combination of
    your web.config as well as how your IIS server is set up (integrated windows
    security, impersonation, anonymous etc)

    Let us know how your exam goes. and Good luck!

    Paul
    Paul Qualls, Dec 29, 2005