    Looking through a viewfinder with one eye is useless and the size of these
    things is ridiculous!

    NM

    ~~NoMad~~, Aug 22, 2008

  2. "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    >I've decided that DSLRs should be called One-Eyed Monsters!
    >
    >Looking through a viewfinder with one eye is useless

    Exactly what benefit would binocular vision provide on a 2-dimensional
    object (viewscreen, LCD, focusing screen, ...) for a 2-dimensional
    object (print, monitor, projection, ...)?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Aug 22, 2008

  3. ~~NoMad~~

    ~~NoMad~~ Guest

    "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message
    > "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    >>I've decided that DSLRs should be called One-Eyed Monsters!
    >>
    >>Looking through a viewfinder with one eye is useless

    > Exactly what benefit would binocular vision provide on a 2-dimensional
    > object (viewscreen, LCD, focusing screen, ...) for a 2-dimensional
    > object (print, monitor, projection, ...)?

    Just ask a professional photographer that uses a view camera.

    Have you ever reviewed your prints with one eye closed? Try it!

    NM

    ~~NoMad~~, Aug 22, 2008
  4. "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:

    >"Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message
    >> "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    >>>I've decided that DSLRs should be called One-Eyed Monsters!
    >>>
    >>>Looking through a viewfinder with one eye is useless

    >> Exactly what benefit would binocular vision provide on a 2-dimensional
    >> object (viewscreen, LCD, focusing screen, ...) for a 2-dimensional
    >> object (print, monitor, projection, ...)?
    >>

    >Just ask a professional photographer that uses a view camera.

    I am asking _YOU_ because _YOU_ made the original claim.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Aug 22, 2008
  5. ~~NoMad~~

    Roy G Guest

    > "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message

    >>> Exactly what benefit would binocular vision provide on a 2-dimensional
    >>> object (viewscreen, LCD, focusing screen, ...) for a 2-dimensional
    >>> object (print, monitor, projection, ...)?
    >>>

    >>Just ask a professional photographer that uses a view camera.

    > I am asking _YOU_ because _YOU_ made the original claim.
    >
    > jue

    If someone did make a DSLR with separate eyepieces for each eye, the Camera
    Top would need to be rather wide, and the back of the body would flatten
    your nose.

    Perhaps you should get yourself a View Camera or a P&S without a View
    finder.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Aug 22, 2008
  6. ~~NoMad~~

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Aug 22, 9:20 am, "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    > I've decided that DSLRs should be called One-Eyed Monsters!

    I've decided that your post should be called Half-Assed Troll!

    --
    YOP...

    Nervous Nick, Aug 22, 2008
  7. "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote in message
    > I've decided that DSLRs should be called One-Eyed Monsters!
    >
    > Looking through a viewfinder with one eye is useless and the size of these
    > things is ridiculous!
    >
    > NM

    Eh ????
    Mike.

    Mike Cawood, HND BIT, Aug 23, 2008
  8. ~~NoMad~~

    No Spam Guest

    "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote in message
    > I've decided that DSLRs should be called One-Eyed Monsters!
    >
    > Looking through a viewfinder with one eye is useless and the size of these
    > things is ridiculous!
    >
    > NM

    I thought it was going to be a p0rn thread ;)

    No Spam, Aug 23, 2008
  9. On Aug 22, 9:20 am, "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    > I've decided that DSLRs should be called One-Eyed Monsters!
    >
    > Looking through a viewfinder with one eye is useless and the size of these
    > things is ridiculous!
    >
    > NM

    Not to me. I frequently try to keep both eyes open, using the other
    eye to see context around the scene I am shooting, i.e., trying to see
    people about to walk into the scene, etc.

    The eye relief for most viewfinders is plenty adequate for the normal
    eye. Years ago it may have been different, but they havent made those
    tiny viewfinders in decades.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Aug 24, 2008