One down Three to go..

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Garth H, Jul 18, 2006.

  1. Garth H

    Garth H Guest

    Wasn't sure how I was going to do on my 70-270 exam today, but was
    pleasantly surprised by the score of 873.

    I used 4 years of hands on XP admin experience, plus Transcenders e
    learning /prep exams, and the measure up exams included in the Exam Cram
    2 Practice Questions book. Transcenders did a good job of helping
    identify my weaknesses, and the rest helped me put my exam face on.

    I've been in and out of study mode for the past 9 months and thought for
    sure that the last six I spent doing data analysis in SQL 2005 was going
    to have an adverse impact on the exam result. Of course it is nice to
    see that 70-431 as been added as a qualified elective, so at least the
    time in SQL Server won't all be for naught.

    Time to shelve the 70-270 books and start working on 70-290.
    --
    Garth H

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Macromedia Certified Developer

    Garth H, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Grats!

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSE 2003

    Mostly Gizzards, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Garth H

    i64X Guest

    Congrats! I just passed my 70-291 today, which was the last one for my MCSA.
    If you passed the 70-270, you should go right in to the 70-290, as there's a
    lot of overlap.

    i64X, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Garth H

    flcpl Guest

    Good job! I recently passed my 70-270 and was preparing to study for
    the Network+ CompTIA exam being as I am A+, thus this would fullfill
    and elective. But now you have me thinking, maybe I should head towards
    the 70-290 instead. I passed the 70-270 with a 778 and have only been
    working in the IT field for 3 months now. But I have been working with
    computers and reparing them for years now. I am still learning and
    working with WK2-3. Any thoughts of yours would be helpfull.

    Thanks, FLCPL

    flcpl, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Garth H

    Garth H Guest

    I agree, there is a lot of overlap. 270 is good prep for 290.

    Garth H, Jul 21, 2006