    doesn't give me any result.

    I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.

    Any advice would be most welcome

    Frank Oz, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Frank  Oz

    Guest

    Re: one dongle on 2 computers:hypnotize american eyes

    Frank Oz wrote:
    > I have a program for which I have to use a security key (dongle).
    >
    > I would like to use the program on two computers using only the "one"
    > dongle.
    >
    > The computers are side by side.
    >
    > I have a netgear router with printer port, fitting the dongle to this port
    > doesn't give me any result.
    >
    > I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.
    >

    > Any advice would be most welcome

    , Mar 17, 2006

  3. From: "Frank Oz" <>

    | I have a program for which I have to use a security key (dongle).
    |
    | I would like to use the program on two computers using only the "one"
    | dongle.
    |
    | The computers are side by side.
    |
    | I have a netgear router with printer port, fitting the dongle to this port
    | doesn't give me any result.
    |
    | I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.
    |
    | Any advice would be most welcome

    Forget the idea. It can't be done and that's why an external hardware key is used. You'll
    need to buy another license which will provide you with another key.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, Mar 18, 2006
  4. Frank  Oz

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:44:14 GMT, "Frank Oz" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a program for which I have to use a security key (dongle).
    >
    >I would like to use the program on two computers using only the "one"
    >dongle.
    >
    >The computers are side by side.
    >
    >I have a netgear router with printer port, fitting the dongle to this port
    >doesn't give me any result.
    >
    >I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.

    It won't

    What you are describing seems to be a parallel port dongle and it must
    be connected to a real port on the machine.

    If you fit an AB switch you can use it on both machines but not
    obviously at the same time.

    If you need to use it on both concurrently, buy another licence
    which is why the supplier uses a dongle.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 18, 2006