one click

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Archibald Seaton, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. where do I program my puter to open up anything with one click instead of two.

    Archibald Seaton, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Archibald Seaton

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Archibald Seaton" <> wrote in
    news:r8Naf.233809$:

    > where do I program my puter to open up anything with one click instead
    > of two.

    Windows Explorer - Tools menu - Folder Options - General Tab.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Archibald Seaton

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:47:03 GMT, Archibald Seaton wrote:

    Please don't post HTML crap in a text only group.

    You message looks like -

    <HTML><HEAD>
    charset=3Diso-8859-1">
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>where do I program my puter to open up
    =
    anything=20

    >where do I program my puter to open up anything with one click instead of two.

    Any particular OS?

    Can I be the first to guess you mean Windows XP? Use Start | Help and
    Support.

    As this feature also appears in Windows 2000 - Start | Help also works.

    or for the other types ,

    Open Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | don't miss the options
    on the General Tab | Click items as follows

    Me

    why?, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Archibald Seaton

    PC Guest

    >"Archibald Seaton" <> wrote in message
    >where do I program my puter to open up anything with one click instead of
    >two.

    Archibald

    You may have good reason to turn on single click, and to that I can only
    demure.

    However if it is because you have not acquired the 'double click' skill, may
    I sincerely implore you to keep trying.
    A safer alternative to 'Single click' is to leave double clicking on then
    click once (single click) on the target so it is highlighted and then press
    the Enter key. This will give you the same result as double clicking without
    having stuff starting/opening in error because you accidently clicked it.

    In my client base the PC's with the most 'lost' files and the most
    'accidental' errors are the one's with single click turned on, particularly
    if they have 'Click Lock' turned on as well.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 5, 2005