    the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
    focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
    Thanks
    sponge bob, Aug 15, 2005

  2. sponge bob

    Jer Guest

    sponge bob wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone recommend a camera around £150 that you don't have to press
    > the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
    > focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
    > Thanks

    I recall Brownie made a few models. ;)

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Aug 15, 2005

  3. sponge bob

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:11:40 GMT, sponge bob wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a camera around £150 that you don't have to press
    > the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
    > focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.

    Not all cameras have focusing delays because they don't focus at
    all. Search the web using Google or your favorite search engine for
    something like "fixed focus" +camera. Any that you find will
    probably be £150 or under. Some cameras that do utilize
    half-depressed shutter buttons for exposure eval./prefocusing also
    are designed to eliminate some of the delay if you depress the
    shutter button in one quick movement.

    From an issue of Digital Camera Buyer from about last December, it
    lists the Fuji Finepix A120 at £89. It's a 3mp camera described as
    "Good, sturdy compact that is capable of reasonable images, so it's
    a shame the zoom is fixed focus." In this case, the pre-focused
    lens is what you're looking for in a camera.
    ASAAR, Aug 15, 2005
  4. sponge bob

    Paul Heslop Guest

    sponge bob wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Can anyone recommend a camera around £150 that you don't have to press
    > the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
    > focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
    > Thanks

    I'm not sure there are any fixed focus cams around for that kind of
    money, they're usually cheap ones like this

    http://www.internetdirect.co.uk/photo/slimcam4000.htm

    The reason for the wait etc is so the system can focus for you.

    Of course you may fancy manual focus so you can do it yourself...

    http://www.internetdirect.co.uk/photo/powershota510.htm

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Aug 15, 2005
  5. sponge bob

    imp Guest

    sponge bob wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone recommend a camera around £150 that you don't have to press
    > the shutter button down half way and wait for a light to tell you it's
    > focused. Just want a one click simple digital camera.
    > Thanks

    Sony DSC-S40 or DSC-S60 are both around that price. Like other Sony
    cameras, they have a monitoring autofocus mode, which continously
    adjusts its focus as you point the camera. When you click the shutter
    button, it simply fires.
    imp, Aug 15, 2005