One Care, Windows update, System restore

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RAY OSBERG, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. RAY OSBERG

    RAY OSBERG Guest

    When I manually update one care I get the message on the task bar that one
    care is up to date. I still have a red icon and message on the main page
    that says the program can not automatically update. Virus and spyware file
    dates are current.

    Windows update file malicious software removal keeps showing up on the
    taskbar (yellow shield). I install it and get confirmation that it has been
    installed. Keeps coming back up after internet connection. I have not been
    able to get rid of it. Update history shows it has been successfully
    installed many times.

    System restore will not restore my system. I don't get any message or
    response. If I go to the help support page for system restore it has a red
    dot next to the system restore title.

    Could this all be related? Running Windows XP with dial up connection.
    System has been working fine up till a couple days ago. I have not
    installed any new software or changed any system settings that I am aware
    of.

    Any help or ideas will be appreciated,

    Ray O.
    RAY OSBERG, Nov 20, 2006

  2. RAY OSBERG wrote:

    <snip>

    I'm thinking that posting this four times is probably three too many,
    mmmm?

    Post. Wait. This is not a chat room.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 20, 2006

  3. On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 02:24:11 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > RAY OSBERG wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > I'm thinking that posting this four times is probably three too many,
    > mmmm?
    >
    > Post. Wait. This is not a chat room.

    Aww, let him have his fun [1]. Spoilsport.

    [1]"Fun" defined as "FSVO 'fun'."

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630N 117.754195W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org
    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 21, 2006