One Care, Windows update, System restore

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RAY OSBERG, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. RAY OSBERG

    RAY OSBERG Guest

    When I manually update one care I get the message on the task bar that one
    care is up to date. I still have a red icon and message on the main page
    that says the program can not automatically update. Virus and spyware file
    dates are current.

    Windows update file malicious software removal keeps showing up on the
    taskbar (yellow shield). I install it and get confirmation that it has been
    installed. Keeps coming back up after internet connection. I have not been
    able to get rid of it. Update history shows it has been successfully
    installed many times.

    System restore will not restore my system. I don't get any message or
    response. If I go to the help support page for system restore it has a red
    dot next to the system restore title.

    Could this all be related? Running Windows XP with dial up connection.
    System has been working fine up till a couple days ago. I have not
    installed any new software or changed any system settings that I am aware
    of.

    Any help or ideas will be appreciated,

    Ray O.

    RAY OSBERG, Nov 20, 2006

  2. RAY OSBERG

    Vanguard Guest

    "RAY OSBERG" <> wrote in message
    > When I manually update one care I get the message on the task bar
    > that one
    > care is up to date. I still have a red icon and message on the main
    > page
    > that says the program can not automatically update. Virus and
    > spyware file
    > dates are current.

    <snip>

    Try posting in the microsoft.* newsgroup(s). They're focused on
    Microsoft products.

    Vanguard, Nov 20, 2006

  3. RAY OSBERG

    roach Guest

    "RAY OSBERG" <> wrote in message
    > When I manually update one care I get the message on the task bar that one
    > care is up to date. I still have a red icon and message on the main page
    > that says the program can not automatically update. Virus and spyware
    > file
    > dates are current.
    >
    > Windows update file malicious software removal keeps showing up on the
    > taskbar (yellow shield). I install it and get confirmation that it has
    > been
    > installed. Keeps coming back up after internet connection. I have not
    > been
    > able to get rid of it. Update history shows it has been successfully
    > installed many times.
    >
    > System restore will not restore my system. I don't get any message or
    > response. If I go to the help support page for system restore it has a
    > red
    > dot next to the system restore title.
    >
    > Could this all be related? Running Windows XP with dial up connection.
    > System has been working fine up till a couple days ago. I have not
    > installed any new software or changed any system settings that I am aware
    > of.
    >
    > Any help or ideas will be appreciated,
    >
    > Ray O.

    "Running Windows XP with dial up connection"

    keep an eye on that phone bill if i were you hehe

    roach, Nov 21, 2006