one BRI and two different connection like dialup server

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Grzegorz Szyszlo, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Hello. I have a big, untypical problem with ISDN/BRI.
    I have router C1720 with WIC1B-S/T interface, ISDN BRI.
    I want to make on this router dialup server, that can
    accept 2 single channel connections at the same time,
    from another cisco or windows with modem, using single BRI interface.
    unfortunately my config works bad :(

    I config only simple ppp without authorisation (for isolate problem).
    interface comming UP and works ok. when I add Dialer2 interface,
    this works bad with that options:
    1. Dialer1 & Dialer2 is dialer pool 1, BRI0 is dialer pool-member1 ,
    then interfaces not comming up. they are down all time.
    2. Dialer1 is Dialer1 is pool 1 and Dialer2 is pool 2, and BRI0 is
    dialer pool-member 1 and dialer pool-member 2 (in two pools),
    situation like point 1.
    3. Config like 1, but Dialer2 is pool 2 ..... I know, this is bad
    config, because pool 2 have no members. one connection works,
    but.... when comming up another connection (no mather which),
    active ping on first connected circuit not respond, and
    ping works on next connected circiuit. first connection is
    timed out, interface is down, and reconnect to up state.
    then this circiuit is newest, works ok, but older is broken.
    Unfortunately, with this config, IP represented by Dialer2
    is presented as Dialer1 after command sh ip ro .

    Have anyone idea how can I do with it?

    My example config:

    interface BRI0
    no ip address
    no ip directed-broadcast
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer pool-member 1
    isdn switch-type basic-net3

    interface Dialer1
    ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
    no ip directed-broadcast
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    dialer pool 1
    dialer string 1234
    dialer-group 10

    interface Dialer2
    ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0
    no ip directed-broadcast
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    dialer pool 1
    dialer string 3030
    dialer-group 10

    dialer-list 10 protocol ip permit

    Thanks for anything. Grzegorz Szyszlo.

    Grzegorz Szyszlo, Apr 8, 2004

  2. In article <c52t0a$hoc$>,
    Grzegorz Szyszlo <> wrote:
    >Hello. I have a big, untypical problem with ISDN/BRI.
    >I have router C1720 with WIC1B-S/T interface, ISDN BRI.
    >I want to make on this router dialup server, that can
    >accept 2 single channel connections at the same time,
    >from another cisco or windows with modem, using single BRI interface.
    >unfortunately my config works bad :(
    >
    >I config only simple ppp without authorisation (for isolate problem).
    >interface comming UP and works ok. when I add Dialer2 interface,
    >this works bad with that options:
    >1. Dialer1 & Dialer2 is dialer pool 1, BRI0 is dialer pool-member1 ,
    > then interfaces not comming up. they are down all time.
    >2. Dialer1 is Dialer1 is pool 1 and Dialer2 is pool 2, and BRI0 is
    > dialer pool-member 1 and dialer pool-member 2 (in two pools),
    > situation like point 1.
    >3. Config like 1, but Dialer2 is pool 2 ..... I know, this is bad
    > config, because pool 2 have no members. one connection works,
    > but.... when comming up another connection (no mather which),
    > active ping on first connected circuit not respond, and
    > ping works on next connected circiuit. first connection is
    > timed out, interface is down, and reconnect to up state.
    > then this circiuit is newest, works ok, but older is broken.
    > Unfortunately, with this config, IP represented by Dialer2
    > is presented as Dialer1 after command sh ip ro .
    >

    >Have anyone idea how can I do with it?
    >
    >My example config:
    >

    >interface BRI0
    > no ip address
    > no ip directed-broadcast
    > encapsulation ppp
    > dialer pool-member 1
    > isdn switch-type basic-net3
    >
    >interface Dialer1
    > ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
    > no ip directed-broadcast
    > encapsulation ppp
    > no ip route-cache
    > no ip mroute-cache
    > dialer pool 1
    > dialer string 1234
    > dialer-group 10
    >
    >interface Dialer2
    > ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0
    > no ip directed-broadcast
    > encapsulation ppp
    > no ip route-cache
    > no ip mroute-cache
    > dialer pool 1
    > dialer string 3030
    > dialer-group 10
    >
    >dialer-list 10 protocol ip permit
    >

    >Thanks for anything. Grzegorz Szyszlo.

    If there is more than one dialer available, there MUST be a mechanism
    for the BRI interface to figure out which dialer to associate the call
    with. As currently configured, you can place outbound calls using the
    dialers, but inbound calls are serviced by the BRI interface only. The
    easiest way is to use ppp authentication (add to the BRI and all
    dialers) and give each dialer an assigned name. That way, the BRI
    interface will authenticate, get the caller name, and can pick the
    correct dialer.

    Good luck and have fun!
    http://www.networkingunlimited.com

    Vincent C Jones, Apr 8, 2004