    describe it. I am looking for a software that can put many photos and form
    one big photo. Any idea?

    JJ

    Jay Johnson, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Jay Johnson

    Frank ess Guest

    Jay Johnson wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Sorry for the wordy subject line. I don't even know the proper term to
    > describe it. I am looking for a software that can put many photos and
    > form one big photo. Any idea?
    >
    > JJ

    Here's a start:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~wlhunt/Programs/Programs.html

    Frank ess, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Jay Johnson

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Jul 13, 2004
  4. Jay Johnson

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess wrote:
    > Jay Johnson wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> Sorry for the wordy subject line. I don't even know the proper term
    >> to describe it. I am looking for a software that can put many photos
    >> and form one big photo. Any idea?
    >>
    >> JJ
    >>

    > Here's a start:
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~wlhunt/Programs/Programs.html

    OK, here is one I whipped out with TYLER.EXE in just a few minutes, with
    materials at hand:
    http://www.fototime.com/3F0F9C333EBF4A3/orig.jpg

    The view is of my famous Monument Valley photo, composed of photos of
    naked women. I think the individual tiles are too small to be offensive.
    Next time I would make it of a greater number of tiles (more resolution)
    if I could find that many photos of naked ladies...

    Frank ess, Jul 13, 2004
  5. Jay Johnson

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > I am looking for a software that can put many photos and form
    >one big photo. Any idea?

    graphicssoft.about.com/od/photomosaics/

    Arcsoft has or had one called "PhotoMontage" or something like that. The
    biggest problem with it was the lack of images for the tiles.

    This is the guy who REALLY knows how to do it, Rob Silvers ... he did the
    "Truman Show" poster and most of the Newsweek and Time magazine covers, for
    example, but he hasn't commercialized his software. When he was at MIT he had
    access to many terabytes of image files so his mosaics typically look much
    better than you can do with the commercial software and limited images for
    tiles

    http://www.photomosaic.com/p/about.htm

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jul 13, 2004