    in vista it seems to go to the middle of the list, ahead of other things
    that were already minimized. Anyone else encounter the same and find it
    annoying?

    Richard, Jul 10, 2008

  2. Richard

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-07-10, Richard <> wrote:
    > Yes, just the one, am totally happy in every other way with it.

    Tell us, How long have you been using it, and what have you been doing with
    it?

    I need to know before the Vista chalk is taken out.

    Gordon, Jul 11, 2008

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2008-07-10, Richard <> wrote:
    >> Yes, just the one, am totally happy in every other way with it.
    >>

    > Tell us, How long have you been using it, and what have you been doing with
    > it?
    >
    > I need to know before the Vista chalk is taken out.

    8 weeks sofar.

    Using adobe stuff, cad, ms office, firefox. Usually all at once which
    was always a problem under 32 bit XP after a few days.

    Richard, Jul 11, 2008
  4. Richard

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message news:g5758f$9e7$...
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> On 2008-07-10, Richard <> wrote:
    >>> Yes, just the one, am totally happy in every other way with it.
    >>>

    >> Tell us, How long have you been using it, and what have you been doing
    >> with
    >> it? I need to know before the Vista chalk is taken out.

    > 8 weeks sofar.
    >
    > Using adobe stuff, cad, ms office, firefox. Usually all at once which was
    > always a problem under 32 bit XP after a few days.

    Heavy user here, lots of developer tools (VS 2008, modelling tools etc.),
    Adobe CS3, Office etc. etc. etc.

    Must be coming on a year now.

    Haven't noticed any specific problems, colleague installed 64 bit and had
    some graphical glitches initially but a driver update fixed those.

    My work Vista system was initially a *lot* faster to boot than XP with the
    same sort of stuff installed, has slowed down a little since but nowhere
    near as slow as my XP install was -- the XP install seemed to get more and
    more choked over time, Vista seems to handle heavy use/lots of installed
    software etc. better.

    Nik Coughlin, Jul 11, 2008