Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Specs, Jan 20th

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mike McGee, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Mike McGee

    Mike McGee Guest

    Just announced, Once Upon a Time in Mexico on DVD.

    Here are the specs/release date:

    Audio Commentary by Director Robert Rodriguez
    "Ten-Minute Flick School" short film from director Rodriguez's
    informative series of
    "how-to" guides
    "Inside Troublemaker Studios" featurette with an inside look at
    Robert Rodriguez'sproduction company
    Eight Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary)
    Ten Minute Cooking School
    "Film is Dead: An Evening with Robert Rodriguez" featurette
    filmed before a live audience, providing demonstrations of the latest
    advances in high definition filmmaking
    "The Anti-Hero's Journey" featurette exploring the origins of
    The Mariachi and his development as a character over the course of the
    three films "The Good, The Bad and The Bloody: Inside KNB FX"
    featurette on the special make-up and prosthetic effects used in the
    film DVD-ROM elements - The Lotteria Game and Tiro al Blanco (The
    Shooting Gallery)
    Isolated Music and Sound Design Track
    Theatrical Trailers
    Digitally Remastered Audio and Anamorphic Video
    Mastered in High Definition
    Widescreen Presentation
    Audio: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Surround)
    Subtitles: English, French
    Scene Selections

    Rated R
    Color
    Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 102 Minutes
    Widescreen DVD Catalog # 08717 / UPC Code: 0-43396-08717-0
    DVD Release Date: 1/20/03
    DVD: $28.95, $19.95 MAP

    If anyone would like to read the full Press Release, including an image
    of the DVD's cover, you can find it here:

    http://www.thedigitalreview.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=446

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Mike McGee

    Mike McGee, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Mike McGee

    Mike McGee Guest

    In article
    <101120032153010779%admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com>, Mike
    McGee <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote:

    > DVD Release Date: 1/20/03

    That should read 1/20/04, obviously.
    Sorry, my mistake...

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Mike McGee, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Mike McGee

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Mike McGee <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote in message news:<101120032153010779%admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com>...
    > Just announced, Once Upon a Time in Mexico on DVD.

    Hmm... It's missing the one line that would make me buy it...

    "Never Before Seen 'Doesn't Suck' edit of the film!" ;^)

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Mike McGee

    Mike McGee Guest

    In article <>, Jordan
    Lund <> wrote:

    > Hmm... It's missing the one line that would make me buy it...
    >
    > "Never Before Seen 'Doesn't Suck' edit of the film!" ;^)
    >
    > - Jordan

    Well, if there's a ton more Salma in the deleted scenes, that could be
    a start. ;)

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Mike McGee, Nov 11, 2003
  5. Mike McGee

    Justin Guest

    Mike McGee wrote on [Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:29:19 GMT]:
    > In article <>, Jordan
    > Lund <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hmm... It's missing the one line that would make me buy it...
    >>
    >> "Never Before Seen 'Doesn't Suck' edit of the film!" ;^)
    >>
    >> - Jordan

    > Well, if there's a ton more Salma in the deleted scenes, that could be
    > a start. ;)

    yeah, she barely got a "special appearance" credit, let alone costar

    Justin, Nov 11, 2003
  6. Mike McGee

    Mike McGee Guest

    In article <2go.com>, Justin
    <2go.com> wrote:

    > yeah, she barely got a "special appearance" credit, let alone costar

    But the studio was smart enough to put a nice big pic of her on the
    cover in a half-top. ;)

    --

    Mike McGee, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Mike McGee

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    > Hmm... It's missing the one line that would make me buy it...
    >
    > "Never Before Seen 'Doesn't Suck' edit of the film!" ;^)

    Unlikely to exist, sadly.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 12, 2003