    worn it at job interviews, work, funerals, etc. I carried it in my packet to
    the TechEd conference, but didn't put it on when I saw noone else was
    wearing theirs.
    Guest, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Since Mrs. Manners and Martha Stewart are too busy to answer my inquiry, I
    >decided to pose the question here. On what occasions may one wear their MCSD
    >lapel pin? I received my first several years ago, but have never actually
    >worn it at job interviews, work, funerals, etc. I carried it in my packet to
    >the TechEd conference, but didn't put it on when I saw noone else was
    >wearing theirs.

    When you want the piss taken out of you?
    Kline Sphere, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm ready when you are. ;-)

    Guest, Oct 9, 2003
  4. <WKidd> wrote in message news:...
    > Since Mrs. Manners and Martha Stewart are too busy to answer my inquiry, I
    > decided to pose the question here. On what occasions may one wear their

    MCSD
    > lapel pin? I received my first several years ago, but have never actually
    > worn it at job interviews, work, funerals, etc. I carried it in my packet

    > the TechEd conference, but didn't put it on when I saw noone else was
    > wearing theirs.

    Sell it on eBay.

    --
    Fris "Or wear it as an earring" beeĀ® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Sell it on eBay.

    Excellent idea.
    Kline Sphere, Oct 9, 2003
  6. It goes on the obligatory Dilbert doll in your undersized cubicle.

    General Protection Fault, Oct 9, 2003
  7. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Sell it on eBay.

    I see on ebay there is a $2.99 bid for a "MICROSOFT WINDOWS Lapel
    Pin", so what do ya reckon for an mcsd one, $1.99??
    Kline Sphere, Oct 9, 2003
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Someone might pay more if they thought it would help score points during a
    job interview. If a company wanted to verify someone's certification, I'm
    thinking they would ask to see their ID card or lookup their name/id on the
    cert website.

    Guest, Oct 10, 2003
  9. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Someone might pay more if they thought it would help score points during a
    >job interview. If a company wanted to verify someone's certification, I'm
    >thinking they would ask to see their ID card or lookup their name/id on the
    >cert website.

    Doubt if the any companies really care.
    Kline Sphere, Oct 10, 2003
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I guess it depends on if IT department has certified staff emembers and how
    much influence they have over new hires. In my case, the vice president (who
    conducted my interview) is also a MCSD. When job hunting, I started with a
    list of companies which advertise themselves as Microsoft Partners, which I
    gathered from the web and chamber of commerce.

    Guest, Oct 10, 2003
  11. In the shower??
    Reminds me of Yousarian in Catch 22
    Wear your badge proudly !!!
    Glenn

    Glenn D. Crosse, Oct 10, 2003
  12. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >In my case, the vice president (who
    >conducted my interview) is also a MCSD.

    Oh dear...

    > When job hunting, I started with a
    >list of companies which advertise themselves as Microsoft Partners, which I
    >gathered from the web and chamber of commerce.

    Body shops.
    Kline Sphere, Oct 11, 2003
  13. Does the lapel pin and certificate look different for MCSD .NET
    compared to the one for MCSD VS6? ...does it have the pretty .NET
    logo on it?

    Just wanted to see where this goes!

    hee-hee

    Kael