    instructions on how to find their photo online. If they view and
    purchase it, you make money!

    Come visit the site and get started taking pictures today!

    Brian Spence, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Brian Spence

    Frank ess Guest

    Brian Spence wrote:
    > Do you enjoy taking pictures with your digital camera? Now you can
    > make some extra cash for doing just that!
    >
    > http://www.onthestreetphoto.com/
    >
    > On the Street Photo is a new website that does the work for you. You
    > go out an do what you love, taking pictures!
    >
    > You take a picture of someone, and hand them a card with the
    > instructions on how to find their photo online. If they view and
    > purchase it, you make money!
    >
    > Come visit the site and get started taking pictures today!

    "
    5) All photos uploaded to On the Street Photo must not be:

    .. copyrighted

    .. pornography

    .. child pornography

    .. illegal in your locale

    .. government secrets, aiding or harboring terrorists, or anything else that

    threatens homeland security of the United States of America

    By uploading images to On the Street Photo, you grant exclusive license to
    On the

    Street Photo to display, publish, broadcast, duplicate and sell the image,
    by traditional

    or electronic means. This license shall commence on the date the photo is
    uploaded,

    and shall continue for the useful life of the image for the reason in which
    it is uploaded."

    Frank ess, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Brian Spence

    Mark M Guest

    Mark M, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Brian Spence

    > Do you enjoy taking pictures with your digital camera? Now you can
    > make some extra cash for doing just that!
    >
    > http://www.onthestreetphoto.com/
    >
    > On the Street Photo is a new website that does the work for you. You
    > go out an do what you love, taking pictures!
    >
    > You take a picture of someone, and hand them a card with the
    > instructions on how to find their photo online. If they view and
    > purchase it, you make money!
    >
    > Come visit the site and get started taking pictures today!

    After reading your "agreement" on your site, it's clear that you are nothing
    more than a Pimp, seeking photog whores. Excuse my terminology, but in this
    case, it fits.

    Get out of here and take your stinking, sleazy "business" with you.
    Moron.

    Mark M, Feb 4, 2004
  5. On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:21:15 GMT, "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    >5) All photos uploaded to On the Street Photo must not be:
    >. copyrighted

    [snip]
    >By uploading images to On the Street Photo, you grant exclusive
    >license to ...

    Interesting. How can you grant anyone an exclusive license on
    something in the public domain?

    --
    Michael Benveniste --
    Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

    Michael Benveniste, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Brian Spence

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Re: On the Sheet Photo

    Slimeball City dude!

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 4, 2004
  7. Brian Spence

    steve Guest

    We can all hope that the people running this scam will be On The Street
    soon.

    Heck, they cant even keep their server up.

    steve

    steve, Feb 4, 2004
  8. Brian Spence

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Brian Spence" <> wrote in message
    > On the Street Photo is a new website that does the work for you. You
    > go out an do what you love, taking pictures!
    >
    > You take a picture of someone

    and get a smack in the mouth.

    Alan D-W, Feb 4, 2004
  9. Brian Spence

    KBob Guest

    On 3 Feb 2004 18:11:16 -0800, (Brian
    Spence) wrote:

    >Do you enjoy taking pictures with your digital camera? Now you can
    >make some extra cash for doing just that!
    >
    >http://www.onthestreetphoto.com/
    >
    >On the Street Photo is a new website that does the work for you. You
    >go out an do what you love, taking pictures!
    >
    >You take a picture of someone, and hand them a card with the
    >instructions on how to find their photo online. If they view and
    >purchase it, you make money!
    >
    >Come visit the site and get started taking pictures today!

    Sure thing. When I was a kid maybe 60 years ago we used to feel sorry
    for these shabby souls standing by the curb with a worn camera,
    begging passer-bys to take their photo. Give 'em your address and
    $1.50, and get a snapshot back in a week. It wasn't exactly an
    inspiration for becoming a photy-grapher. Sounds as if nothing has
    changed.

    KBob, Feb 4, 2004
  10. Brian Spence

    Baldy Cotton Guest

    Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
    >Do you enjoy taking pictures with your digital camera? Now you can
    >make some extra cash for doing just that!

    What a load of crap.
    What a lousy website.
    You're a scammer and a spammer.
    You stink, you rotten snake oil salesman.
    Leave and don't come back.
    I hate your guts.

    Love,
    God

    Baldy Cotton, Feb 4, 2004
  11. Brian Spence

    Guest

    Any comments Tom? was Re: On the Street Photo

    (Brian Spence) wrote:

    > Do you enjoy taking pictures with your digital camera? Now you can
    > make some extra cash for doing just that!
    >
    > http://www.onthestreetphoto.com/
    >
    > On the Street Photo is a new website that does the work for you. You
    > go out an do what you love, taking pictures!
    >
    > You take a picture of someone, and hand them a card with the
    > instructions on how to find their photo online. If they view and
    > purchase it, you make money!
    >
    > Come visit the site and get started taking pictures today!

    Is this legal, Tom?

    , Feb 5, 2004
  12. Brian Spence

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Baldy Cotton" <> wrote in message >
    > What a load of crap.
    > What a lousy website.
    > You're a scammer and a spammer.
    > You stink, you rotten snake oil salesman.
    > Leave and don't come back.
    > I hate your guts.

    Not very impressed then? lol

    Alan D-W, Feb 5, 2004
  13. Brian Spence

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Re: Any comments Tom? was Re: On the Street Photo

    writes:

    > Is this legal, Tom?

    I'm not Tom, but if the photo is visible online only to the person who
    was photographed, it's legal in most jurisdictions. It's the cyberspace
    equivalent of taking a Polaroid shot of someone on the street and
    offering to sell him the photo.

    If the photo is visible to other people, the situation might change. In
    the U.S., it still doesn't matter, but in some countries with less
    freedom of expression, simply putting someone's photo online for the
    public to see requires his authorization.

    In almost all jurisdictions, actually taking the photo in a public place
    is quite legal.

    Mxsmanic, Feb 5, 2004
  14. Brian Spence

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Michael Benveniste writes:

    > Interesting. How can you grant anyone an exclusive license on
    > something in the public domain?

    Photographs are not in the public domain unless the photographer
    releases them to the public domain or his copyright has expired. A rare
    exception is certain government photographs, which are generally in the
    public domain (e.g., many NASA photographs).

    Mxsmanic, Feb 5, 2004
  15. Brian Spence

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Alan D-W writes:

    > and get a smack in the mouth.

    How often have you been smacked in the mouth for taking a picture of
    someone in public?

    Mxsmanic, Feb 5, 2004
  16. Brian Spence

    Mxsmanic Guest

    KBob writes:

    > Sure thing. When I was a kid maybe 60 years ago we used to feel sorry
    > for these shabby souls standing by the curb with a worn camera,
    > begging passer-bys to take their photo. Give 'em your address and
    > $1.50, and get a snapshot back in a week. It wasn't exactly an
    > inspiration for becoming a photy-grapher. Sounds as if nothing has
    > changed.

    My mom actually has a photo she bought from such a photographer, way
    back when, so clearly, they did find occasional clients. The photograph
    was pretty good, too. Of course, in those days, people weren't as
    relentlessly paranoid as they are today.

    Mxsmanic, Feb 5, 2004
  17. Brian Spence

    PTRAVEL Guest

    > Do you enjoy taking pictures with your digital camera? Now you can
    > make some extra cash for doing just that!

    <snip of spammer site>

    > On the Street Photo is a new website that does the work for you. You
    > go out an do what you love, taking pictures!
    >
    > You take a picture of someone, and hand them a card with the
    > instructions on how to find their photo online. If they view and
    > purchase it, you make money!

    Commercial appropriation of likeness is against the law in many states.

    PTRAVEL, Feb 5, 2004
  18. Brian Spence

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Mxsmanic" <> wrote in message
    > Alan D-W writes:
    >
    > > and get a smack in the mouth.

    > How often have you been smacked in the mouth for taking a picture of
    > someone in public?

    Never, because I'm not stupid enough to go up and take pictures of total
    strangers.

    Alan D-W, Feb 5, 2004
  19. Brian Spence

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Alan D-W writes:

    > Never, because I'm not stupid enough to go up and take pictures of total
    > strangers.

    I've taken lots of pictures of total strangers, and I've never been hit
    by any of them. Why would anyone hit someone just for taking a photo on
    the street?

    Mxsmanic, Feb 5, 2004
  20. Brian Spence

    Mxsmanic Guest

    PTRAVEL writes:

    > Commercial appropriation of likeness is against the law in many states.

    What if there were no kickback? And does the kickback count as
    commercial appropriation?

    Remember, this is sale of photos of individuals right to those
    individuals, not to third parties. How is that commercial
    appropriation? It's similar to a portrait studio, even though the
    logistics are a bit different.

    Indeed, people do this on the streets of many touristy cities all the
    time. They offer to snap your photo for a fee. In the olden days (and
    occasionally still today), they'd take the photo first and then offer it
    to you, but I suppose that gets pretty expensive these days, with the
    cost of Polaroid film and the relatively low rate of purchase.

    Mxsmanic, Feb 5, 2004