    I would very much like to hear from people like you out
    here, what are your advises to me on this route ahead.

    Thanks.

    GoForMicrosoft, Nov 7, 2003

  2. GoForMicrosoft

    tahjzhuan Guest

    a bunch of people from my job (management type) are
    enrolled in an MCSE course. Since they're not the ones in
    the lab, loading clients, servers, and setting up
    networks, I predict that courses wil be a total waste of
    money for them. The best way to learn is by doing it
    yourself. Search the web, check out different cert msg
    boards, and try to set up your own lab. That's the best
    way to learn imo. Good luck!

    on

    tahjzhuan, Nov 7, 2003

  3. GoForMicrosoft

    Duane Smith Guest

    I to am a newbie. I ordered the Transcender for A+ and passed it. I just
    ordered the Network+ and going to take it. I will then get the infor for =
    the MCSA. Once complete, I will get the info for the MCSE. I find it to be =
    the cheaper and better since I am not going to do a lecture style, and I can
    review at my own pace. I hope this helps.

    Duane Smith, Nov 7, 2003
  4. GoForMicrosoft

    Consultant Guest

    when mgmt takes a course like that, it usually means they are gonna try to
    run stuff themselves. you may want to spruce up your resume.

    Consultant, Nov 10, 2003
  5. GoForMicrosoft

    John Guest

    I have taken the courses for the MCSE track and I have
    found that although I did learn a lot in the classes, I
    would have done just as well with the Microsoft Press
    text books in my own time and doing the included labs.
    Though the courses were helpful to an extent, they were
    so short and the curriculum was so intense that there was
    not enough time to cover the info and now I find that
    when I study, half the info is new or seems to be new.
    I say it depends on how confident you are and well you
    learn. Just don't waste the money if you don't need the
    classes.

    John, Nov 10, 2003
  6. GoForMicrosoft

    tahjzhuan Guest

    ha ha. I'm military so they can't fire me but that won't
    stop me from advancing my knowledge. And as for them
    trying to run things themselves, I'd pay to see that, lol.

    tahjzhuan, Nov 10, 2003
  7. GoForMicrosoft

    Consultant Guest

    good point