    I'm interested in buying this model. But I'm really concerned with the
    number of scheduled recordings allowed. 8 is far from satisfaction.

    Please help. Thank you in advance.

    stypikes, Feb 2, 2007

  2. stypikes

    BR549 Guest

    "stypikes" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I downloaded the instruction manual of this model from Panasonic's USA
    > website. But it does not mention how many sheduled recordings the user
    > can set(weird!). However, there is a picture of the scheduled
    > recording's setup screen. On that screen, you can see there is room just
    > enough for 8 scheduled recordings. But that doesn't necessarily lead to
    > the conclusion that this model only allows 8 scheduled recordings,
    > because there may be "next page" for 8 more recordings.
    >
    > I'm interested in buying this model. But I'm really concerned with the
    > number of scheduled recordings allowed. 8 is far from satisfaction.
    >
    > Please help. Thank you in advance.

    I have the DMR-E85H, a much older model with a 120gb hard drive. I have 20
    weekly shows in my scheduled recordings. I would suspect that you could
    schedule as many shows as the hard drive size, length of show and quality of
    the recording will allow.

    BR549, Feb 3, 2007

  3. stypikes

    stypikes Guest

    BR549 <> wrote:
    > "stypikes" <> wrote in message
    >> I downloaded the instruction manual of this model from Panasonic's
    >> USA website. But it does not mention how many sheduled recordings
    >> the user can set(weird!). However, there is a picture of the
    >> scheduled recording's setup screen. On that screen, you can see
    >> there is room just enough for 8 scheduled recordings. But that
    >> doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that this model only
    >> allows 8 scheduled recordings, because there may be "next page" for
    >> 8 more recordings.
    >>
    >> I'm interested in buying this model. But I'm really concerned with
    >> the number of scheduled recordings allowed. 8 is far from
    >> satisfaction.
    >>
    >> Please help. Thank you in advance.

    > I have the DMR-E85H, a much older model with a 120gb hard drive. I
    > have 20 weekly shows in my scheduled recordings. I would suspect
    > that you could schedule as many shows as the hard drive size, length
    > of show and quality of the recording will allow.

    I found another 'different' EH55 user's manual downloadble at
    Panasonic's Australia website. It says 32 timer recordings are allowed.

    But someone from an internet forum, who has that model, told me that
    EH55 probably allows 99 timer recordings, because the last item number
    in the timer recording list is 99.

    And 99 practically amounts to everything you want, if the HDD allows.
    I think you are right.

    stypikes, Feb 4, 2007