On Line Services People PC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bill Matthewson, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Could somebody please advise who these people are? Norton Anti-Virus
    advises they have placed Adware Ezula on my computer.

    Bill Matthewson, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Bill Matthewson

    trout Guest

    Bill Matthewson wrote:

    > Could somebody please advise who these people are? Norton Anti-Virus
    > advises they have placed Adware Ezula on my computer.

    Ezula adware is an IE browser extension. Close any instance of IE.
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, and end task on the process "Ezulamain.exe".
    Then, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall
    "TOPtext". Run anti-virus again to check.
    --
    *Should* do it.

    trout, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Bill Matthewson

    rt Guest

    "Bill Matthewson" <> wrote in

    > Could somebody please advise who these people are? Norton
    > Anti-Virus advises they have placed Adware Ezula on my

    computer.

    I think Norton must have added something to their recent virus
    definitions that now picks up AltBrowser.exe. I've had my HP
    notebook for 2 months. NAV2005 scans every Friday at 8PM and
    didn't warn about AltBrowser.exe in C:\Program Files\Online
    Services\PeoplePC\Utilities\AltBrowser.exe until last Friday's
    scan.
    HP bundled several online services: AOL, Netscape, MSN,
    PeoplePC and a few others. I don't use any of them. I checked
    Symantec's site about removing ezula Top Text, but it isn't
    installed. There are no ezula processes running, as verified in
    Task Manager. A few other people have encountered the same
    thing. This web site has several posts about it:

    http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/15500.html

    BTW, I scanned with Adaware and Spybot S&D and neither one
    picks up AltBrowser.exe. I think it would only be a problem if
    it were running as a result of subscribing to the PeoplePC ISP.
    rt

    rt, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Bill Matthewson

    Mellowed Guest

    I use Peoplepc and don't have any 'AltBrowser' problems.

    "rt" <> wrote in message
    : "Bill Matthewson" <> wrote in
    : news:BSF4e.47403$:
    :
    : > Could somebody please advise who these people are? Norton
    : > Anti-Virus advises they have placed Adware Ezula on my
    : computer.
    : >
    : >
    :