    CdLSRN Guest

    Everyday I get a folder on my desktop "~". Even if I don't use my address book in OE
    6. It pops up anyway. Any cures for this?
    CdLSRN, Feb 4, 2004

  2. CdLSRN

    philo Guest

    "CdLSRN" <> wrote in message
    news:Gg4Ub.1261$%...
    > Everyday I get a folder on my desktop "~". Even if I don't use my address

    book in OE
    > 6. It pops up anyway. Any cures for this?

    just right click on your OE shortcut

    then go to properties
    shortcut

    and where it says start in

    enter : "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express"

    or whatever your appropriate path is

    note: the backup file "~" will still be in your OE folder

    but will at least not clutter up your desktop
    philo, Feb 4, 2004

  3. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    When I tried to do this I receive this message. "Unable to save changes to Outlook
    Express.ink. Access denied".

    CdLSRN, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Make a new shortcut and try it again.

    --
    By *Plonk*ing me,
    you hereby admit to my
    Another Anonymous, Feb 4, 2004
  5. CdLSRN

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "CdLSRN" <> wrote in

    > When I tried to do this I receive this message. "Unable to save changes
    > to Outlook Express.ink. Access denied".

    Go to General Properties and unselect ReadOnly

    Fuzzy Logic, Feb 4, 2004
  6. If you open it in Notepad you'll see it's a copy of your address book. It's
    caused by a bug in one of the MS Updates, not sure which one. It's harmless
    but if you install most recent updates it goes away.

    --

    Kenny

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny Cargill, Feb 4, 2004
  7. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    I always install new critical updates, but it doesn't go away

    CdLSRN, Feb 5, 2004
  8. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    Thank you - that worked.