    Any ideas how to stop this or remedy/find the problem if there is one
    somewhere ?

    ~RaY

    ~RaY, Dec 17, 2005

  2. ~RaY

    philo Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 13:30:13 +0000, ~RaY wrote:

    > all of a sudden when booting my pc, windows xp sp2 decides it has to
    > do a scan to check my f drive (I use this hdd for 'my documents'
    > folder) before fully starting. there is never a reported error on the
    > drive found.
    > Any ideas how to stop this or remedy/find the problem if there is one
    > somewhere ?
    >
    > ~RaY

    run the mfg's diagnostic on the drive...
    there's a possibility it's going bad.
    most all HD mfg's have a free diagnostic utility you can download

    philo, Dec 17, 2005

  3. ~RaY

    Trax Guest

    ~RaY <D@X> wrote:

    |>all of a sudden when booting my pc, windows xp sp2 decides it has to
    |>do a scan to check my f drive (I use this hdd for 'my documents'
    |>folder) before fully starting. there is never a reported error on the
    |>drive found.
    |>Any ideas how to stop this or remedy/find the problem if there is one
    |>somewhere ?

    http://tinyurl.com/8jtbq
    Check the registry and change the value if necessary:
    Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key: System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
    Name: BootExecute
    Data Type: Binary
    Value: autocheck autochk *

    Trax, Dec 17, 2005
  4. ~RaY

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 13:30:13 +0000 If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then ~RaY <D@X> sent this :

    >all of a sudden when booting my pc, windows xp sp2 decides it has to
    >do a scan to check my f drive (I use this hdd for 'my documents'
    >folder) before fully starting. there is never a reported error on the
    >drive found.
    >Any ideas how to stop this or remedy/find the problem if there is one
    >somewhere ?
    >
    >~RaY

    Go to your hard drive maker's site and download their free hard drive
    diagnostic program.Make required disk/s and check the drive for
    hardware faults and report back.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 18, 2005