Omega Man variations

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by karlpov, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. karlpov

    karlpov Guest

    There seem to be at least three variations on the Omega Man DVD,
    although the UPC on all is identical.

    First there is the way it's more or less supposed to be: cover art
    with a white background showing, at the bottom, Charlton Heston with a
    rifle with a telescopic sight. The DVD is one-sided, the movie
    widescreen only, and among the features is an introduction featuring a
    couple of the actors.

    Then there seems to be a DVD which was planned earlier and then
    cancelled. This has a dark cover in which Heston has a rifle, but no
    telescopic sight, and he's joined by Rosalind Cash. This promises both
    WS and P&S versions. The double-sided disc does not include the
    introduction.

    Then there's what I got, which is the dark cover promising the
    alternate versions, but inside the one-sided DVD with WS only, and
    inclucing the additional introduction (just as well, since who needs a
    P&S version?).

    I don't know whether this has any relation to the fact that I wasn't
    able to find Omega Man anywhere in this area until it arrived, with
    the dark cover, at a Borders about a week ago.
    karlpov, Dec 30, 2003