OM-D released, something weird about the skin

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Feb 8, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Feb 8, 2012

  2. In article
    <>,
    RichA <> writes
    >There appears to be two different body claddings. I'd much prefer the
    >pebble texture to whatever that is on the black model.
    >
    >http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02/08/Olympus_OM-D_E-M5_announced
    >
    >http://www.dpreview.com/previews/olympusEM5/images/allroundview.jpg

    Something weird about the entire DP preview. Take a look at page 6:
    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/olympusEM5/page6.asp

    Until this morning, when they Photoshopped it, that image towards the
    bottom of the page of the camera with accessories wasn't even branded
    OM-D. It was this image:
    http://tinyurl.com/74hhk83 of an Olympus camera called an ON-M!

    Olympus Schizo! ;-)
    --
    Kennedy

    Kennedy McEwen, Feb 9, 2012

  3. RichA

    Mike Guest

    Re: OM-D yawn

    Why would a user of the 24x36mm OM-1/2/3/4 be anxious for a 1/4 frame
    (17.3 x 13 mm) look-a-like?

    What is with all the "excitement" it's a smaller sensor than APS-C.

    --
    Mike

    Mike, Feb 9, 2012
  4. Re: OM-D yawn

    In article <jh14u3$d8o$>, Mike <>
    writes
    >Why would a user of the 24x36mm OM-1/2/3/4 be anxious for a 1/4 frame
    >(17.3 x 13 mm) look-a-like?

    Perhaps they are tired of getting film developed. But there have been
    closer look-alikes before, even from Olympus. The E-420 is one example
    that springs to mind. The OM-D looks more like an ugly OM-10 or the
    Cosina made OM-2000 than it does to any Olympus classic. Just like
    those models, there isn't even any control where the shutter speed
    selector would be on an OM-x.

    They had to wait till Maitani was dead and buried before naming this
    monstrosity.

    >What is with all the "excitement" it's a smaller sensor than APS-C.

    Its closer to 110.
    --
    Kennedy

    Kennedy McEwen, Feb 9, 2012
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Re: OM-D yawn

    On Feb 9, 2:47 pm, Kennedy McEwen <> wrote:
    > In article <jh14u3$>, Mike <>
    > writes>Why would a user of the 24x36mm OM-1/2/3/4 be anxious for a 1/4 frame
    > >(17.3 x 13 mm) look-a-like?

    > Perhaps they are tired of getting film developed.  But there have been
    > closer look-alikes before, even from Olympus.  The E-420 is one example
    > that springs to mind.  The OM-D looks more like an ugly OM-10 or the
    > Cosina made OM-2000 than it does to any Olympus classic.  Just like
    > those models, there isn't even any control where the shutter speed
    > selector would be on an OM-x.
    >
    > They had to wait till Maitani was dead and buried before naming this
    > monstrosity.
    >
    > >What is with all the "excitement" it's a smaller sensor than APS-C.

    > Its closer to 110.
    > --
    > Kennedy
    > Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
    > A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.
    > Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)

    Well, Olympus people have been asking for something with a shape akin
    to their old SLRs. But aside from that,
    I think the overall trend toward smaller gear is inevitable. The
    only reason Nikon and Canon are still making such large pro bodies is
    they think the users will balk at paying $5000+ for something as
    "small" as the D800 or 5DII.

    RichA, Feb 9, 2012