    DSLR bodies ever) with the best modern 4/3rds sensor would have been
    very welcome.

    http://www.biofos.com/esystem/q&a_terada.html
    RichA, Oct 14, 2010

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >Olympus's most MASSIVE blunder, IMO

    .... was to allow you to buy one of their cameras.

    You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.
    Bruce, Oct 14, 2010

  3. RichA

    Rich Guest

    On Oct 14, 4:18 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > >Olympus's most MASSIVE blunder, IMO

    > ... was to allow you to buy one of their cameras.
    >
    > You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.

    So what? I've owned five Olympus DSLRs and have done my part to
    support them.
    Rich, Oct 14, 2010
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:

    >On Oct 14, 4:18 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Olympus's most MASSIVE blunder, IMO

    >> ... was to allow you to buy one of their cameras.
    >>
    >> You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.

    >So what? I've owned five Olympus DSLRs and have done my part to
    >support them.

    You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.

    (I thought I would say that again since you obviously cannot have read
    it the first time.)
    Bruce, Oct 14, 2010
  5. RichA

    Rich Guest

    On Oct 14, 1:18 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:

    > >> ... was to allow you to buy one of their cameras.

    > >> You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.

    > >So what?  I've owned five Olympus DSLRs and have done my part to
    > >support them.

    > You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.

    Because they (Olympus) sabotaged their DSLR line. Does no one
    remember the remarkable E-10, E-20, C8080 and E-1 aside from a few
    enthusiasts?
    Rich, Oct 15, 2010
  6. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >On Oct 14, 1:18 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> Rich <> wrote:

    >> >So what?  I've owned five Olympus DSLRs and have done my part to
    >> >support them.

    >> You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.
    >>

    >Because they (Olympus) sabotaged their DSLR line. Does no one
    >remember the remarkable E-10, E-20, C8080 and E-1 aside from a few
    >enthusiasts?

    Of course people remember them, just like they remember that car they
    used to own that isn't made any more. But no-one cares.

    Except you, of course. You are just *so* determined to be miserable,
    and moan and whine all the time. If it wasn't about Olympus, it would
    be about something else.

    The problem isn't Olympus, nor anything they did. The problem is you.

    I suppose being a Canadian must have a lot to do with it. Whining
    seems to be Canadians' national pastime. ;-)
    Bruce, Oct 15, 2010
  7. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    >On 2010-10-15 05:37:41 -0700, Bruce <> said:
    >>
    >> I suppose being a Canadian must have a lot to do with it. Whining
    >> seems to be Canadians' national pastime. ;-)

    >Naah! There is no Canadian lock on whining.
    >
    >Whining knows no nationality. I am sure there are well practiced
    >whiners gracing the British Isles, just as we have them whining coast
    >to coast in the US. We are experiencing an extended whining season over
    >here.

    True, I have met whiners of many nationalities ...

    But I have never encountered a Canadian who *didn't* whine. That's
    why I think it must be a national pastime. ;-)

    There's no such thing as a Canadian sense of humour. To a Canadian, a
    "joke" is just another whine with "Eh?" added at the end. ;-)
    Bruce, Oct 15, 2010
  8. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    >>> Naah! There is no Canadian lock on whining.
    >>>
    >>> Whining knows no nationality. I am sure there are well practiced
    >>> whiners gracing the British Isles, just as we have them whining coast
    >>> to coast in the US. We are experiencing an extended whining season over
    >>> here.

    >> True, I have met whiners of many nationalities ...
    >>
    >> But I have never encountered a Canadian who *didn't* whine. That's
    >> why I think it must be a national pastime. ;-)
    >>
    >> There's no such thing as a Canadian sense of humour. To a Canadian, a
    >> "joke" is just another whine with "Eh?" added at the end. ;-)

    >I don't believe that is strictly true.
    >
    >However it seems those Canadian comedians & performing artists with any
    >talent migrate south of the border. There is an extensive list, which
    >to name a few, includes Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Tommy
    >Chong, Dave Foley, Michael J. Fox, Phil Hartman, Rich Little, Norm
    >MacDonald, Howie Mandel, Lorne Michaels, Rick Moranis, Mike Meyers,
    >Leslie Nielsen, Seth Rogan, and so on.
    >
    >...and they manage to get laughs without a "whine" or "eh" punctuation.

    That's because they migrated south.

    Canada has a huge migration problem, with talented people leaving in
    their hundreds of thousands every year to make their lives elsewhere.
    That's why the Canadian government has to put so much effort into
    encouraging large scale immigration.
    Bruce, Oct 15, 2010
  9. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Gary Edstrom <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 05:53:32 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    >wrote:

    >>> ... was to allow you to buy one of their cameras.
    >>>
    >>> You have never stopped whining about the brand ever since.

    >>So what? I've owned five Olympus DSLRs and have done my part to
    >>support them.

    >You hate Olympus cameras, but you have bought five of them? You must be
    >a masochist!

    He only bought them so he would have something to whine about. ;-)
    Bruce, Oct 15, 2010
  10. RichA

    peter Guest

    On 10/15/2010 10:11 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> Naah! There is no Canadian lock on whining.
    >>>
    >>> Whining knows no nationality. I am sure there are well practiced
    >>> whiners gracing the British Isles, just as we have them whining coast
    >>> to coast in the US. We are experiencing an extended whining season over
    >>> here.

    >> True, I have met whiners of many nationalities ...
    >>
    >> But I have never encountered a Canadian who *didn't* whine. That's
    >> why I think it must be a national pastime. ;-)
    >>
    >> There's no such thing as a Canadian sense of humour. To a Canadian, a
    >> "joke" is just another whine with "Eh?" added at the end. ;-)

    > I don't believe that is strictly true.
    >
    > However it seems those Canadian comedians & performing artists with any
    > talent migrate south of the border. There is an extensive list, which to
    > name a few, includes Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Tommy Chong,
    > Dave Foley, Michael J. Fox, Phil Hartman, Rich Little, Norm MacDonald,
    > Howie Mandel, Lorne Michaels, Rick Moranis, Mike Meyers, Leslie Nielsen,
    > Seth Rogan, and so on.
    >
    > ...and they manage to get laughs without a "whine" or "eh" punctuation.

    I see Brucie's lack of knowledge and tendency to bluster is not limited
    to things photographic.

    --
    Peter
    peter, Oct 16, 2010