Olympus XD card won't read!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ken Weitzel, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. Ken Weitzel

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Atlantica wrote:
    > My 256mb XD card (Olympus) cannot be read when I put it into a card reader
    > to my PC. The only way I can view and download the images is directly from
    > the camera to PC via a USB cable. Why is this?
    >
    > When I have my Fuji XD cards in the camera, the card reader recognises them
    > immediately and there are folders present there created by the card. These
    > folders are missing with the Olympus card. HELP!!!

    Hi Atlantica...

    Did you perhaps forget to install the card reader driver?

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Looks like you might have a southbound xD card - which I use also. Have
    you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    Atlantica, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Ken Weitzel

    Atlantica Guest

    Atlantica, Jun 6, 2005
  5. Ken Weitzel

    Sheldon Guest

    "Bruce Coryell" <> wrote in message
    > Looks like you might have a southbound xD card - which I use also. Have
    > you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

    At least the good news is you can still get the images through your camera.
    I would also download the images first and then try reformatting the card.
    Cards can go bad and "stuff" happens. Try another card.

    Sheldon, Jun 6, 2005
  6. Ken Weitzel

    Atlantica Guest

    Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by a southbound card?

    Atlantica, Jun 6, 2005
  7. Ken Weitzel

    Barry Bean Guest

    "Atlantica" <> wrote in news:42a3e6dc$0$280
    $:

    > Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by a southbound card?

    Its a euphamism for going bad.

    Barry Bean, Jun 6, 2005