Olympus Stylus Verve Digital Experience?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by egf_repeats, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. egf_repeats

    egf_repeats Guest

    My wife and I are seeking to buy a second take-it-all-around digital
    camera. I know there are ultra compact, ultra-thin ultra-sleek
    ultra-compact, etc. categories out there. Anyway our major concerns are
    the physical size (coz my wife will use it mostly), response time and
    respectful image quality. So we went out this afternoon to get some
    real life impressions of the cameras at local stores.

    After visits to BestBuy and Microcenter, our choices narrowed down to
    Minolta Dimage Xt, Xg; Nikon x200 series; Sony DSC T1. We ruled out the
    Canon ones coz both of us agreed that their design is dull and on the
    "ugly" side.

    We finally got to Circuit City and the sales guy brought up a "just
    arrived" Olympus Stylus Verve. Frankly it was really a "Wow"
    impression. That little thing is so catchy in design that it's like
    iPod in the mp3 player world. We played it for a while and fell in love
    with it immediately. The response is pretty fast when you press the
    power button. And the new TFT LCD screen is so nice that it out shines
    all other cameras on the shelf.

    We came back and did some research on this new Olympus model on
    dpreview and google. It seems there haven't been any formal reviews on
    it. I just want to ask if anybody has got some experience on this cute
    camera and what the impressions are.

    Thanks.

    egf_repeats, Oct 17, 2004