    a stylus 400 as a replacement?

    thanks

    -josh
    Elvis, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Elvis

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Elvis wrote:

    > hi there my camera stopped powering up not long ago so i took it to
    > the local repair shop. the technician told me that the mainboard was
    > fried - didn't say how, just that it was. his quote to fix was the
    > same as buying a new one give or take a few dollars.
    >
    > i wondered if i could buy parts cheaper than buying a new camera or
    > should i just buy a new one? if i could buy the required part where on
    > the web could i find it? also would i be able to use a mainboard from
    > a stylus 400 as a replacement?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > -josh

    Hi Josh...

    Even if you could find one it's highly unlikely that
    you could install it yourself... no disrespect for your
    capabilities intended.

    However, if you'll send me an email I'll send you back the
    address for a shop in the USA that will be better able to
    advise you, and perhaps do a much less expensive repair.
    Doesn't hurt to ask.

    Disclaimer: I have nothing whatsoever to do with the
    aforementioned shop, beyond being a very satisfied
    customer.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Feb 28, 2005