olympus stylus 300/400 basic operation questions on digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by inetquestion, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. inetquestion

    inetquestion Guest

    Got a few questions about my new olympus stylus 400 (same as olympus 300).

    1. When usb cable is connected to camera and computer, is the battery
    recharging during this time?

    2. With the optional ac adapter connected to the camera,
    does this recharge the battery?

    3. How do you take panaramic photos? When I select this option I see no difference
    when viewing the photos on the camera, they look just like a normal photo...
    Is there some additional step I'm missing here?

    4. Does anyone make a charger that can charge multiple batteries at one time?
    the only one I've seen thus far is the single battery charger which comes with the
    camera

    Thanks,

    mailto:

    inetquestion, Sep 3, 2003

  2. inetquestion

    CSM1 Guest

    Reply within text. Lots of Cross posting!
    I deleted all but, the two for digital cameras.

    "inetquestion" <> wrote in message
    > Got a few questions about my new olympus stylus 400 (same as olympus 300).
    >
    > 1. When usb cable is connected to camera and computer, is the battery
    > recharging during this time?

    NO

    > 2. With the optional ac adapter connected to the camera,
    > does this recharge the battery?

    NO

    > 3. How do you take panaramic photos? When I select this option I see no

    difference
    > when viewing the photos on the camera, they look just like a normal

    photo...
    > Is there some additional step I'm missing here?

    In panoramic mode the camera provides an on LCD mask that show the amount of
    overlap you need to use for each frame of the panoramic. The individual
    frames are then stitched together with panoramic software. Olympus Camedia
    4.0 has a stitching function.

    A tutorial
    http://www.panoramafactory.com/camera_setup/setup.html#introduction

    > 4. Does anyone make a charger that can charge multiple batteries at one

    time?
    > the only one I've seen thus far is the single battery charger which

    comes with the
    > camera

    Yes, most will charge 4 batteries at one time.

    Wal-mart sells a Rayovac 1-Hour Battery Charger.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...rt.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1841490

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com