Olympus rehashes aged E-3 to E-5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Sep 14, 2010.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Sep 14, 2010

  2. RichA

    Me Guest

    On 14/09/2010 3:39 p.m., RichA wrote:
    > Boring. Increased LCD resolution and medium res video. And the same
    > lumpen body.
    >
    > http://www.photobusiness.fr/Olympus-Olympus-E-5-Produit-Photobusiness,1202.html

    But it's got a high res LCD articulé.
    AFAIK all other cameras with LCD articulé have a low res version, which
    limits their usefullness, if not for LV, then for image review.
    You (and to be fair, many other malcontents) seem to expect revolution
    with each new dslr model. I don't think it's going to happen.

    Me, Sep 14, 2010

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 14, 12:08 am, Me <> wrote:
    > On 14/09/2010 3:39 p.m., RichA wrote:> Boring.  Increased LCD resolution and medium res video.  And the same
    > > lumpen body.

    > >http://www.photobusiness.fr/Olympus-Olympus-E-5-Produit-Photobusiness...

    > But it's got a high res LCD articulé.
    > AFAIK all other cameras with LCD articulé have a low res version, which
    > limits their usefullness, if not for LV, then for image review.
    > You (and to be fair, many other malcontents) seem to expect revolution
    > with each new dslr model.  I don't think it's going to happen.

    No, not every year-18months but at least EVERY THREE YEARS!!!!!

    RichA, Sep 14, 2010
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 14, 2:08 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > In article <6e4e0fd5-a62f-4d16-b93d-
    > >, RichA says...
    >
    > > Boring.  Increased LCD resolution and medium res video.  And the same
    > > lumpen body.

    > Key new features are 12MP (previously 10) and video (previously
    > unavailable). See the comparison athttp://www.dpreview.com/previews/OlympusE5/
    >
    > --
    >
    > Alfred Molon

    10-12 megapixels is nothing.

    RichA, Sep 14, 2010
  5. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Sep 14, 2010
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 14, 3:47 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >Boring.  Increased LCD resolution and medium res video.  And the same
    > >lumpen body.
    > >http://www.photobusiness.fr/Olympus-Olympus-E-5-Produit-Photobusiness...

    > I agree, the E-5 is a very, very disappointing product.
    >
    > The E System is dead but won't lie down.     :-(

    They could have saved it. Gone the Pentax K7 route, smaller body,
    just as tough. When you look down the throat of that 2lb monstrosity
    and see that tiny mirror/sensor, it just says, "We wanted to be JUST
    like Canon and Nikon, but we fell short..."

    RichA, Sep 14, 2010