Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pvest, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Pvest

    Pvest Guest

    I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko) lenses.

    Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't have any electronics!!

    I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!

    So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in an Olympus E-500 camera or not?

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Pvest.

    Pvest, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Pvest

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Pvest" <> wrote in message news:...
    I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
    lenses.
    Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
    red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
    E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
    have any electronics!!
    I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
    fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
    So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
    an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Pvest.

    Seems to me there is an adapter.
    My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
    Lost in a fire.
    I am not over it yet.

    R.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Pvest

    Pvest Guest

    "Rudy Benner" <> skrev i melding

    > "Pvest" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
    > lenses.
    > Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
    > red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with
    > Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since
    > they don't have any electronics!!
    > I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
    > fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
    > So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
    > an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Pvest.
    >
    > Seems to me there is an adapter.
    > My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
    > Lost in a fire.
    > I am not over it yet.
    >
    > R.

    Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
    But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old Om
    users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our old
    original equipment.

    I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and here
    they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! :eek:(

    Pvest

    Pvest, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Pvest

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <43fe296f$>, says...

    > Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
    > But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old Om
    > users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our old
    > original equipment.
    >
    > I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and here
    > they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! :eek:(

    Feel free to ask here:

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Feb 23, 2006
  5. Pvest

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Pvest" <> wrote in message news:43fe296f$...

    > "Rudy Benner" <> skrev i melding
    >>
    >> "Pvest" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
    >> lenses.
    >> Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
    >> red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with
    >> Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since
    >> they don't have any electronics!!
    >> I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
    >> fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
    >> So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used
    >> in an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Pvest.
    >>
    >> Seems to me there is an adapter.
    >> My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
    >> Lost in a fire.
    >> I am not over it yet.
    >>
    >> R.
    >>

    > Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
    > But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old
    > Om users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our
    > old original equipment.
    >
    > I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and
    > here they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! :eek:(
    >

    > Pvest

    Yes, its sucks.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 23, 2006
  6. Pvest

    Crash Gordon Guest

    Yah I found one to fit my Nikon lenses to my E500...but at 175 smackers,
    it's gonna be a while before I pop for it.

    Crash Gordon, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Pvest

    RK Guest

    You can easily get an adapter for a hundred bucks from any number of
    vendors on line, or from Oly. Just get one and be happy. I have one and
    it works perfectly well. You'll have saved a lot of money., In the old
    days they gave them away with the 300 but times have changed.

    RK, Feb 24, 2006
  8. Pvest

    Patrick L Guest

    "Pvest" <> wrote in message news:...
    I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
    lenses.
    Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
    red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
    E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
    have any electronics!!
    I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
    fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
    So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
    an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Pvest.

    You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and they
    will send you one.

    or

    E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
    along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter, and
    Olympus should set you right up.

    Patrick

    Patrick L, Feb 25, 2006
  9. Pvest

    Stacey Guest

    Patrick L wrote:

    > You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and
    > they will send you one.
    >
    > or
    >
    > E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
    > along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter, and
    > Olympus should set you right up.

    I think that promo ended..
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Feb 25, 2006
  10. Pvest

    Don Guest

    Don, Feb 25, 2006
  11. Pvest

    Alan Browne Guest

    Don wrote:

    > You may want to read about the Four-Thirds sytem, which the new Olympus
    > Dig. SLRs are, particularly as it relates to lenses:
    >
    > http://www.four-thirds.org/en/index_01.htm

    Isn't it curious that they use an ".org" site to tout the system when it
    is clearly a commercial venture. It's not like this standard is a boon
    to mankind or a push to get government to set a new standard...

    -- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

    Alan Browne, Feb 25, 2006
  12. "Stacey" <> wrote in message
    > Patrick L wrote:
    >

    >> You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and
    >> they will send you one.
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
    >> along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter,
    >> and
    >> Olympus should set you right up.
    >>

    > I think that promo ended..
    > --

    Olympus dropped the free MA-1 adapter in favour of the $150 cdn MF-1 OM
    adapter http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_files/mf1instcomp.pdf

    It was free until the E-500 was announced then it became an accessory.

    Darrell Larose, Feb 25, 2006