    Thanks
    Jeremy

    , May 12, 2006

  2. wrote:
    : I've had a MJU 700 for 3 weeks and the camera won't take pictures
    : unless the flash is turned off! As soon as I switch the flash to auto,
    : red-eye or on it basically focusses in but doesn't take the shot! I get
    : a red flashing flash icon in the top right below the battery icon. This
    : icon apparently means "Camera movement / flash charge". In the advanced
    : manual it says that the flashing is "the flash charging" and you should
    : "wait until the flash charge mark stops blinking before taking the
    : picture". But it never stops blinking!

    : Anyone got any ideas before I have to take off work in the morning to
    : drop it off to get it repaired?

    I would first try fresh batteries. If the batteries are weak, it may be
    possible that there is not enough power to charge the flash capacitor and
    thus it will never reach full charge.

    If that does not work it is likley a loose or broken connection inside the
    camera (loose or disconnected flash capacitor lead) and will probably
    require a relatively easy fix.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, May 12, 2006

  3. snip>

    If that does not work it is likley a loose or broken connection
    > inside the camera (loose or disconnected flash capacitor lead) and
    > will probably require a relatively easy fix.
    >
    > Randy

    Relatively easy fixes can be obtained at Jessops at a cost of around £135.

    Dennis Pogson, May 12, 2006